Chapter 33

Tomorrow morning if you wake up and the sun does not appear
I, I will be here
If in the dark we lose sight of love
Hold my hand, have no fear
‘Cause I, I will be here

I will be when you feel like being quiet
When you need to speak your mind, I will listen
And I will be here when the laughter turns to crying
Through the winning and losing and trying
We’ll be together

______

It wasn’t the ending.

Maybe, it was, romantically because they were able to finally put the last period in their story and sealed their book with a promise that whatever happened inside it, will all just remained there. It is not forgetting everything that happened in the past nor pretend that all of those things didn’t happen; but, rather, choosing to remember the good things over the bad ones.

Choosing to always remember the good side of each other than the horrible lateral. After all, it was an every human’s innate behavior to do stupid and terrible things. They weren’t perfect; they both did each other wrong, but at least, they’ve learned from all of its repercussions.

For Lea, the moment she walked away from him is also the start of a whole new season for them— as friends, perhaps— but most importantly as co-parent. They just wanted to have that healthy relationship for their kids to be able to raise them in a nontoxic environment and grow up as good children despite having a blended family. That’s just what’s their ultimate aim right now— to be good parents setting good examples to their kids.

Her lips curved into a smile when she spotted Ian patiently waiting for her at the veranda of the beach house, wearing a smile as well. She ran her way to him and she was soon engulfed in his arms.

“How was it?” he asked as he gently rested his cheek on top of her head. Given their height ratio, that’s possible.

“It all went just how should it go. My heart is no longer heavy.” she told him and faced him. Tears remained glistening in her eyes in great joy. “Wala nang bigat sa dibdib. Wala ng galit. Wala ng sakit.”

Ian smiled and shoved the tear that managed to fall down her cheeks using his thumb, “You deserve to live without those feelings, Lea. And I just want you to know that I am so proud of you.” he started. “I know it wasn’t easy to do all of that, but you were brave enough to forgive and move forward from everything that hurt you. You have always portrayed the bigger person here... kahit you’re a cute size.”

“Buwiset naman eh! Height ko na naman pinagtripan mo!” she ranted and frowned at him making Ian chuckle. “But thank you, Sir. I could have not done it if you weren’t persistent enough to remind me that forgiving him isn’t necessarily for his own good— but for mine. Kaya ko nakayanang magpatawad kasi nauna mo nang pinaramdan sa’kin kung gaano kasarap ang mapatawad sa kabila ng mga pagkakamali ko.”

“Marupok ako sa’yo eh.” he told her as a matter of fact. “All of us deserves to be forgiven at one or two points in our lives, Misis. All of us makes mistakes but those mistakes should not define who we are, especially if we all are trying to be better.”

“You and your words of wisdom! Bakit hindi ka na lang nag-pari?”

“Kung nag-pari ako, kawawa ka. Mawawalan ka ng gwapong asawa.”