Two: Bela

My phone buzzed. I picked it up.

"Hey, Shrey Bear," I said to Shreya. Shrey Bear was one of the only nicknames that she let me call her. She just goes by Shreya. In eighth grade, kids used to call her Shriya, Shiya, and even Varsha, which completely pissed her off more than anything. It's literally not that hard to say Shreya, but those guys were complete arses anyway.

"Hey, Bells," Shreya said. "You still want me to come over to get ready for graduation?"

"Yeah!" I said. "My mom's gonna be here with us all day and help us do our hair and stuff,"

"Okay, I'll be there in twenty minutes," Shreya said.

"Alright, bye," I said.

"Bye,"

I still didn't tell Shreya or my mom about what happened between me and Mat. I was nervous to tell mom because I didn't know how she would react. She still doesn't know that Mat and I are together. Shreya knows and is supportive of it. She didn't ask because I have pestered her all of her life explaining that we were just friends. I had to come out and tell her and I did the day after Prom.

The doorbell rang. I put my empty bowl of cereal in the dishwasher and went to go let in Shreya.

"Hey, boo," Shreya said, giving me a hug.

"Hey, babe, what's happnin'?" I said with a Zayn Malik accent.

Since middle school, Shreya and I have always been single. It's kinda weird because to me we're the prettiest girls in school. We have always called each other pet names like couples do and never really stopped, even since I've been with Mat.

Shreya held a giant bag with a dress inside that I was curious to see.

"You ready to get ready?" Shreya asked.

"Hell yeah," I said with a smile.

"You girls want me to do your hair?" My mom asked.

"Sure," I said. "We're gonna try on our dresses first, maybe come up in thirty minutes?"

"Sounds good!" My mom said. "I'll be up in a bit! Have fun!"

"Thanks, Mom," I said, leading Shreya upstairs.

I closed the door behind Shreya and plopped on my bed.

"The new room color looks great!" Shreya said. I changed my room color from a light pink to a dark blue to match all of the pillows and my bedspread. My dad was going to turn my room into a sports room once I left for college. He already got a giant flat screen, a signed Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, and too many sports Funko Pops to count. My dad is from Toronto, which is why we're Leafs fans.

"Yeah, my dad is rushing me out as soon as possible to make this into his new man cave," I laughed.

"Really?" Shreya asked.

"Yeah," I laughed. "He picked out the color and everything; it wasn't my idea to paint the room,"

"It looks good though," Shreya said.

"Yeah, I'm real excited to see how it turns out," I said.

Shreya looked around the room.

"Damn, it's so sad that we're going to college already," She said. "It seems like just yesterday that I was third-wheeling you and Mat... Oh wait, that's every day, nevermind,"

"Shut up," I laughed. I realized that I didn't tell Shreya about last night.

"Hey, I need to tell you something," I said in a soft voice.