Sixteen: Shreya

Wow, the author finally gave me a chapter. Thank goodness.

We went back to Mat's house around 5 o'clock. Mat said that Ethan would take a cab or something to get here, so thank God we didn't have to waste any time picking him up at the airport.

Mat put some cards on the floor for us to sit and play UNO. As kids, we loved playing UNO. I was always the best at these kinds of games. Mat and Bela would always get so competitive and it got really fun sometimes.

"UNO!" I shouted as I put down a Draw 4 card. "Blue,"

Bela picked up 4 cards and put down a Blue 6. Mat put down a Blue Skip.

"Dammit!" I yelled.

There was a knock at the door.

"Shorty, I think your husband is here," I said, laughing.

"He's not my husband," Mat said, walking up to the door.

When he opened it, Ethan buried Mat in a bone-clenching hug.

"Guys," Mat said to me and Bela. "This is Ethan,"

"Sup," Ethan said, looking at me.

I looked back down at my UNO card, trying not to make eye contact with Ethan.

"That's Bela," Mat said, looking at Bela. "And that's Shreya,"

Ethan smiled at me.

"You're Shreya?" Ethan asked me.

"In the flesh," I said.

He sat next to me on the floor.

"Okay, for the million-dollar question, what's your favorite color?" I asked Ethan.

"Favorite color on three?" He asked.

"One, Two, Three, Red," We said at the same time.

He smiled at me and got up to get himself water.

"I hate him already," I whispered to Mat and Bela.

"Shreya, I heard you like Harry Potter," Ethan said.

"She doesn't just like Harry Potter, she loves Harry Potter," Bela said which made me roll my eyes.

"Have you read Harry Potter?" I asked, trying to be as polite as possible.

"God no," He laughed. "I don't read,"

"Okay... then have you seen the movies?" I asked.

"I saw all of them when I was younger, they were pretty good," He said, sitting next to me again.

"Who is your favorite character?" I asked.

"I'd have to say Ron," He told me. "I was told that we have similar personalities,"

"Ron?" I asked.

"Mostly 'cause he's always eating," Mat chimed in.

"That's a big one," Ethan laughed. "What about you? Favorite character?"

"James Sirius Potter," I said firmly.

"What happened to Draco?" Bela asked.

"Draco is amazing, but James Sirius Potter is the best character in general," I said.

We finished our round of UNO before dealing in for Ethan. Mat ordered pizza that came in about 30 minutes. We stayed up, eating, talking, and playing games all night. When it came to the sleeping arrangements, we were clueless.