Chapter 3

I walk into my old house. It's still so...homey. "Hey Chrisy" Wyatt says excitedly as I walk through the door. I hug him tightly. "Hi buddy! Gosh, you're the tallest 10 year old I've ever met" I exclaim. We pull away and his eyes were gleaming with admiration. Gosh, he's so cute. He reminds me of how I look up to our older brother.
"Well, mom is taking me to practice so I'll see you later" he states before rushing out of the door. My favorite season...football season! The thing I used to live for was going to my older brothers football games as a kid. We're only 13 months apart, so you can imagine how close we are. I wish he was here right now. "Okay bud, see you later" I say ruffling his hair.
I watch as he runs out the front door. My mom comes running downstairs. "Hi YaYa" she practically yells. I smile and hug my mom tightly. Fuck you abandonment and attachment issues! "Hi mom, I'll see you when you get home" I chuckle. She smiles and walks out through the front door as well.
I walk up to my room slowly. This place hasn't even changed a bit. I scrunch my nose in disgust as I walk closer to TJ's room. "Hey TJ" I pop my head in, addressing my step brother. He just nods. Of course he'd be high as fuck. He's a fucking stoner, just like his father. As long as he doesn't put his hands on my mom we're good though. I just don't like that Wyatt is so close to all of that stuff, he's too young, too pure. I smile at TJ before closing his door.
I finally reach my room and drop my bag on the floor before shutting the door. Home sweet home. I plop myself on my bed and throw my favorite blanket over me. Being back home is exhausting! I wish I could just lay here forever. Buuut, I have to shower and get ready for this stupid baby shower I know nothing about. Whose baby shower even is it? I guess that would've been a good question to ask before coming.

After quickly unpacking, I get what I'm going to wear and made my way over to the bathroom. I walk in and frown, it's the exact same. Why didn't they change it? Honestly, I feel bad for what my brother has to go through when he comes in here. I look at the tub and my frown manages to deepen. I'm such a piece of shit. How could I put him through that? I place my clothes on the counter and turn the shower on. I take off my clothes and enter the steaming shower. Who knows what Jimmy had to go through? I'm such a shitty person. It was only 3 years ago, yet it feels so brand new. I look down at the tub I once laid in. I'm such a piece of shit. Why would I do that? How could I have been so selfish? I don't even deserve to be here right now.

Jimmy's POV (3 years ago)
"Christina? Hurry up in there! I have to shit man" I knock on the door. What the fuck is taking her so long? Why isn't she responding? I thought the days of her falling asleep in the tub were over, she isn't 6 anymore. I knock again, irritated. "Chris, come on" I say louder.
What the fuck ever! I test the door and it opens right up for me. "Fucking dumbass, learn how to l-" all words leave and I just stand there for a moment. "Mom? MOM" I panic and run over to my sister. With tears in my eyes, I begin to lift her from the tub, sliding her out quickly. All I can do is hold her in my arms. "You're an idiot Chris! What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm going to fucking kill you. Wake up. Wake up, please" I plead with her lifeless body, shaking her.
I never got to say bye. We've been through many death situations before. I mean one of us were always at a risk of dying. We would be separated, our only communication being through texts. We always made it out though. It's just how the world worked. It's how the world must work for us. She's my sister. My other half, whether I like to admit it or not. She does everything for me. She practically fucking raised me! And now I'm losing her? Just like this? God she's so stupid! What about TJ? What about Mom? What about me?
I don't even know what to think right now. I can't think right now. I latch onto my sister. I'm holding onto her for my own life. Afraid that if I let go, she'll go, my baby sister. All I can hear are my sobs. All I can see was my sister. She wore her clothes and her sleeves were pulled up. On both arms there were cuts. Deep cuts, I'm not sure she's going to make it. I cover them with my palms, foolishly thinking it's helping. I'm not sure I'm going to make it. Not without her. What would I even do? "Come on Chris" I plead again. "Come on Chris, it's me and you against the world, remember" I ask angrily at her lifeless body.
My body begins to shake with adrenaline as I let out sobs. My brain aches with a headache and my heart dulls. I can feel my heart stop and then beat frantically, repeating every so often and it hurts. I'm hurting, she's hurting.
"Fucking wake up damn it" I lay my head on hers, I don't know what else to do but be there with her. We've never been good at knowing how to save each other.
Through my fit, I was pulled away and she was taken. Taken right from my arms. My baby sister is gone. She's gone.