Chapter 11

"Aw why are you crying my dear" the man leaned down awkwardly towards my face. I tried to scream through the tape, but it was no use. I kept my eyes fixated on the floor as he stood up straight. "Look at me" I could hear him smirking. I kept my eyes on the floor, hoping he would walk away. "Look at me" he said harsher.
I lost my breath as his hand roughly yanked my head upwards. I squeezed my eyes shut, causing the tears to fall faster. His grip on my jaw tightened. "Open your eyes" he said slowly. I should be the mad one here, I'm the one trapped. I opened my eyes to see him and his big smile. I tried to push myself back, but there was no where for me to go, I was already against the wall.
He released my jaw and ripped off the tape. I let out a loud yell in pain, to which he smiled in satisfaction at. The man held his index finger up to his smiling lips slowly. "What the fuck do you want from me" my voice came out scratchy instead of confident. He removed his finger and frowned before holding my jaw again. "You better shut that pretty little mouth of yours up" he said harshly before pushing my head back against the wall from my jaw. I immediately went to grab the back of my head, just to yank it back to its original place. The rope burned against my wrist. "You know what I want" he said in a cocky tone.
I looked back at the man, but he was just standing there with the biggest smile I've ever seen. Surprisingly, his smile grew bigger as he lifted his shirt. My eyes widened as I saw what he was reaching for. This was it, this was how I was going to die. His hand tightened on the gun as he pulled it out from his pants. He kissed the gun before aiming it at my head. Then he pulled the trigger.
I opened my eyes once nothing happened. He smiled as he brought the gun to his own head. "NO! STOP" I screamed. I began yanking my hands forward, trying to reach out for him. He smirked as I sobbed. "Oh, don't worry about me dear, this is my favorite game" he said before pulling the trigger. I squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting to watch.
At the sound of laughter, I opened my eyes. He was standing there, laughing at me. Nic rested on his knees in front of me. His breathe hit my face as I stared at him. "You're sick" I managed to spit out. "And you love it" he smiled. It wasn't his psychotic smile, but a genuine smile.
"Yo-" he interrupts "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I hit the back of my head on the wall in an attempt to flinch. "I am speaking. You need to listen to ME. Look at what you did" he waves around the gun. I look around the place. Maybe if I had called. Maybe we could've prevented this. He thinks I left to get away from him. He thinks I don't love him.
"Can you just put the gun do-" he interrupts "I'M TALKING! You left me behind Christina. You just left. I cant believe I thought someone could love me. I just thought you understood."
I cringe at the way he waves the gun around. The fact that his finger is so close to the trigger eats me alive. "Nicholas plea-" I'm interrupted by the gun. My eyes widen as tears spill out. It could've been me. It could've been him. He laughs wickedly and throws the gun across the room.
"Now will you listen to me? Just shut the fuck up and let me talk!" He takes in a deep breathe. "I gave you my all Christina. I thought you were different. With the way you were treated. With the way you grew up. We had so much potential. We could've had the world. Why run? Why lie? God I hate you so fucking much" he rubs his eyes roughly with the insides of his palms.
"Nic, I do love you. That's why I came here. That's why you were able to find me. That's why I didn't try to run when I saw you. That's why I trusted you. What do you not und-" he interrupts "shut the fuck up, shut the fuck up, shut the fuck up, SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
I watch as he rubs his temples and squeezes his eyes shut. "Stop trying to manipulate me!" I'm the manipulative one? "As if! We both know who the manipulative one is Nicholas."
"I do love you. Every part about you, as twisted as that is, I do." I look down and eyeball of the ropes connecting my wrists and ankles. Then I watch him do the exact same thing. "Besides this. This hurts. To know that you did this hurts. I will never forgive you for this. I will never forgive you for scaring me to death!"
I watch as his emotions whirl around and change. I understood every single one. And that hurt. Understanding all of the hurt. Even though I know what he's thinking is wrong, it still hurts. I went through the same thing, the only difference is that mine was actually true.
"Believe me when I say that I would never do anything like this. I wouldn't put you through the pain I had to go through. I would have to be seriously fucked up to that. I can't even imagine" I explain. I watch as his face twists and his eyes well up.
Nicholas slowly made his way down on his knees in front of me. "I came here to see my brother. I just wanted his advice. I wanted to make sure what I was feeling was real. I didn't want it to be Stockholm syndrome. I wanted it to be real. So I needed to make sure it was" I say in a small voice.
"And was it" he whispered. Nicholas was scared. I never thought I would see it. Fear was etched all over his face. He was scared it wasn't.
I nod "it was." A smile appears and just as fast as it did, his lips were on mine. I move my head toward as much as I could as his hands gently lay on both sides of my face. He pulls away reaches for his pocket, pulling out a knife. I watch as he opens the pocket knife and brings it over to the first rope and the last all within a minute. Slowly, he stood up and reached his hand down in front of me. I take his hand and allow him to lift me to my feet.
As quick as I could, I wrapped my arms around him.
Not only did this allow me to stand without falling, but also keep me as close to him as possible. When I look up at him he is already staring down at me. I shove my lips on his like my life depended on it.

This is all I've ever wanted.

The rest could wait.