Chapter 5

The moment I parked my car I sighed in relief. I don't even remember breathing the whole drive back to my apartment. My heart was beating so fast and my mind was racing even faster. Everything was so...crazy. I unbuckle my seatbelt and was about to open my door when I froze. My body felt stiff, if somebody poked me, I would just fall over. Here he was, the only thing protecting me was my window. This glass better be thick.
Slowly, his smile forms. Just when I thought it was as big as it could be, it grew more. How odd. I always tried to do the Grinch's smile but always failed and here he was, doing better than I ever could. Before I can lock my car again, my door is slowly opened. I sat there for a moment, looking for a way out.
Once I realized there was no way out, I stepped out. He slowly closed my car door. The only sound over the silence was the door echoing through the parking garage. I position my body to look at him and find him watching me closely. "Surprise" was the only thing he said.
This man is just like the Joker. When I said the Joker was hot, I didn't mean I wanted the real life him to be coming for me. Well, actually... " You're quite a slow driver Christina. Very easy to follow" he commented. What do I do now? Beg him to spare my life? No, he's a lunatic, if he wants to kill me, he'll do it.
All I could do was frown at him. What was I even supposed to say? "How about you give me a house tour" he offers. How about no? Was what I should've said. Instead, my dumbass started to walk up to the elevators. All of the sudden I'm mute? Wake the fuck up Christina!
The silence in these small elevators was killing me. Why am I at the top floor? "What do you want from me" I questioned. I continued to stare ahead of me, avoiding eye contact. After no response, I turned to look at him.
"I never liked Justin. He was quite annoying, especially his voice. How do you even disguise your voice like that? There wasn't even a hint of Italian in it" I sounded like I admired him, but I surely don't. He looked at me with delight. "I have many talents" he spoke in Justin's voice. Oh, I'm sure you do. The elevator doors opened and I wanted to jump with delight.
I led him to my place and unlocked my door. I walked in and waited for him to enter. "Quite a downgrade from that last place" he closed my door. I scoff as I watch him observe his surroundings. He was analyzing every corner. "I was in a rush to leave. What can I say? It's quite odd to have a man looking for you. It's not that bad though" I explain. Why am I suddenly nervous?
He just walked through my apartment. It was like he was making sure I couldn't have an advantage over him. Like he was checking for each and every way he could escape or harm me. "I don't have any hidden weapons or anything. I just moved in" I state. He chuckles a little at my statement.
I follow him to my room, where he lays himself comfortably on my bed, with his shoes on. "Go ahead and make yourself at home" I mumble. He just closes his eyes and rests his head against my pillows. "Take your shoes off. That's disgusting" I demand. Who lays on someone else's bed with their shoes on? "No" how rude!
I roll my eyes and walk up to the end of my bed. I aggressively untied his shoes and slipped them off of his feet, but slowly placed them on the floor. I walked to my closet and opened it. "You wouldn't like me having my shoes on your bed" I state without looking back at him. "You could do whatever you want in my bed" he whispers in my ear as he wraps his arms around my waist.
I tense up and gasp. I grab the hoodie I wanted and quickly close the closet. I pull his arms away from me and turn around. "I didn't even hear you. Are you a spy" I say jokingly. Geez, way to show him who's boss Christina. You don't joke around with the enemy. Maybe he isn't the enemy. Honestly, shut the fuck up Christina.
Kick him out. "You should leave" I let out. Yes! He frowns and walks back over to my bed. Great. He plops himself down and lays on his side so he can look at me. "Or not" I roll my eyes.
I walk over to my dressers and grab everything I need. Without saying another word, I entered my bathroom, making sure to lock the door. Hopefully he leaves before I'm out. Or maybe not.
I hate to admit that I liked the way it felt to have his arms around me. Sure, it scared the shit out of me at first, but it was nice. Had he not been crazy, I would've leaned into his touch. But he is. And he's manipulative. So, under no circumstances must I let my guard down. I'm not going to fall in love with him. Hopefully.