Chapter 3. Transformations

Nino enjoyed PE. It wasn't his favourite, of course, but it was better than having Miss Mendeleiev scold you for not paying attention in science for an hour. And Chloe wasn't in PE, which was definitely a bonus. But still, he would much rather be in the library watching Marinette study. 

Why are you so creepy? He asked himself. You've never even talked to her, you can't think about stuff like that. He cringed at his own thoughts, then continued kicking the soccer ball with Kim. 

"Nino, you don't seem like yourself today? You good?" Kim asked when Nino didn't kick the ball back.

"Huh? Oh y-yea I'm fine." He said, rubbing the back of his head and smiling like a dork. 

Kim smirked. "Is it a giiirrlll?" He said, making a love heart with his hands. 

"Whoa, dude. No." Kim was the last person he would talk to about Marinette. All he cared about was sport and his own love life. Why Chloe? Nino couldn't understand how anyone would be able to even stand looking at that girl. But Kim was a nice guy, Chloe didn't deserve him, even if you couldn't talk to him about your feelings. "It's just first day back and I miss my DJ set."

"That's all good bro. I miss the pool. But this afternoon we'll both be able to see them." Kim smiled at Nino and Nino smiled back. 

Suddenly, Nino heard thunder. "That's strange. It was perfectly sunny just a minute ago." He said to Kim. Kim shrugged and started to pack up his things along with the rest of the class and move undercover. 

There hadn't been anything on the news this morning about a storm coming, and there was not one cloud in the sky two minutes ago. Very strange, he thought. They'd just have to wait it out before they could get started again.

Nino decided to take out his headphones and listen to music. He reached into his bag to look for them, but instead of finding his headphone, he felt an unfamiliar material rub against his hand. He took it out and found a strange little box. It was a very dark brown with red markings all over it. Some kid probably lost it and it fell in my bag somehow, Nino thought. I'll just give it back when we get back to school. He put it back in his bag and took out his headphones. Just a few minutes, he thought as he closed his eyes and rested his head on the back of the wall.

The library had gone almost silent again, as the first crack of thunder echoed through the room. Everyone jumped, then calmed down and got back to their work. 

"Sssshhhh." The library teacher said.

"Weird," Alya said. "It was sunny back in Miss Bustier's classroom." Marinette nodded.

Suddenly, the large library doors threw open, and a girl with dark purple hair with white stripes and a dark purple dress stormed into the library. 

"I am Stormy Weather. I'm looking for Chloe Bourgeois, and if I can't find her I won't be hesitant to put a permanent winter on Paris!" Her voice boomed. "Where is she?" Her voice screeched.

Aurore spotted her, and pulled her by the arm and carried her out of the room. "I'm telling daddy!" She screeched, as she squirmed in Stormy Weather's arms.

Stormy Weather turned back around to everyone in the library. "I was just kidding, of course. Where's the fun of having this power when you can't use it?"

"Chloe!" Sabrina said as she tried to run after them, but was soon knocked over by a strange gust of wind that had come from nowhere.

"Is that Aurore?" Alya asked as her and Marinette hid beneath a table.