Chapter 4. Partners

Alya was doing just fine on her own, before that green guy with the lame glasses arrived. For a full five minutes he just stood there, staring at Stormy Weather with his mouth hanging open. She was kind of glad he didn't ask what was going on. She didn't need a distraction or any help, especially some guy who just stood there looking dumbstruck. 

Battling this villain wasn't easy on her own, she had to admit. The ferocious winds meant she could barely get near her, and she couldn't see even a metre in front of her. She had thought about using her Mirage, but she figured that she might need it later. And she still hadn't found out where the Akuma was, especially since she could barely see her.

"What is it that you want Stormy Weather?" Alya yelled. 

As she said that, a strange, purple mask like thing lit up through the snow, about where she imagined Stormy Weather's face was.

"I want your Miraculouses!" Alya heard her yell. "Once you give them to me I will take away this weather and let Chloe go."

"GET ME DOWN!!" Chloe yelled, still squirming in Stormy Weather's arms.

Miraculouses? Alya thought. She looked down at the guy in green. No. No no no no no.  He couldn't have another one of these Miraculous thingys. She was supposed to be the hero. She'd had enough of her older sister who was much stronger and braver getting all the recognition in her household. Finally it was her time to be the hero, and she didn't need some guy who looks like a turtle to get all the attention. She didn't need any protection. She was doing great.

Alya was determined to do this on her own. "Mirage!" She yelled. Alya threw her magic flute forward, and a second Alya appeared, still in the fox costume. Stormy Weather soon spotted the second Alya, and flew towards her, using her umbrella to blast lightning at Alya.

Her umbrella... was the last thing Alya thought, before the lightning shot through the second Alya, straight towards her.

Nino hadn't had much time to think before the purple lady (called Wormy Feather, he now knew after hearing the orange girl yell out her name) shot lightning towards the orange girl. He soon found himself running towards her, through the freezing snow which was now swirling even more rapidly. Right before the lightning hit the girl, he yelled "Shell-ter!" and a transparent green dome circle them. The lightning bounced off the dome and hit Wormy Feather, right in the middle of the head, and she was flung to the opposite side of the stadium, leaving Chloe on the ground.

Wow. Two people I've saved today, Nino thought, as he fell to the ground a third time for today, letting the green dome fall away away. 

Through the corner of his eye, he saw the orange lady walk towards Wormy Feather, twirling her flute through her fingers, and Chloe standing up and running away. He stood up quickly, out of his daze, and ran to catch up to the orange lady. 

He tapped her on the shoulder once he had caught up to her. "Good job partner." He said, trying not to let his voice shake.

"I didn't need your help," She said, holding her flute so it was lifting up his chin. "I was doing just fine thanks. You can just leave now if you want." Her face was so cold it would've frozen him right there, if he wasn't already used to the freezing cold. He looked around, and noticed that the snow had calmed down a lot, leaving only little flakes falling from the sky. She was pretty, he had to admit, with her thick, red hair and golden eyes.

"Obviously you were having a bit of trouble if you were about to be struck by lightning. You don't have a thanks for the person who saved your life?" Nino smiled, as she made a "humph" sound, and took the flute away from his chin and continued twirling it around her fingers.