Chapter 13. Unable to Feel

As I was writing this I couldn't help but imagine the song Immortals by Fall out Boy being in background. Listen to it while reading this for extra pizazz.  Also, not sure if you guys are ready for this chapter yet. I was shaking while writing it.

Just as everything was going right, Carapace complained to himself, as he sped to the Eiffel Tower. Out in front of him he could already see Rena Rouge fighting to villain, as Carapace could almost make out a bright yellow dress and a  glittery tiara on the villain's head which looked as though it was shooting bright yellow lasers at Rena. These villains just keep getting weirder and weirder, he thought to himself as he sped up.

Once he reached the bottom of the Eiffel Tower he began climbing up. Faster, he kept telling himself. The last thing he wanted was for Rena to think he was still being irresponsible... or for her to be hit by the laser and have who knows what done to her.

One of the two.

"You took your dear sweet time didn't you?" Rena asked Carapace as he pulled himself up to the top ledge. After pulling himself up, he noticed the villain was holding none other than Chloe Bourgeois, pouting in a sparkly cage behind her. 

"I was having a nice chit chat with a dear friend," he joked, as he deflected the oncoming lasers with his shield, along with some of the ones almost hitting Rena Rouge. 

Rena looked at him in confusion, still dodging the lasers as they came towards her, before finally understanding what he was saying. She looked at him and nodded before quickly returning to the fight.

"I though foxes were supposed to be smart," the villain sneered. "You don't even know where the Akuma is." She sashayed and smirked at the two.

"You aren't doing too well yourself, Your Majesty," Rena said mockingly. Carapace stifled a laugh as she said it. "You haven't gotten our Miraculouses yet have you?"

"That's Princess Popular to you," the girl said, as Rena Rouge lent over to Carapace and mumbled, "These names just keep getting stranger," and was given a snort of laughter in return.

Suddenly, they heard a loud rattle from where Chloe was still caged, as she yelled "Pa-lease. Princess Popular? That has got to be the lamest name I've ever heard. And all because I didn't invite some fangirl to my birthday party. I don't even know you. Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous!"

Princess Popular merely sneered at Chloe and flicked her signature sun glasses off the top of Chloe's head, as Chloe continued to rattle the bars. 

"You may not know me," Princess Popular said, smiling evilly, "But they all do." She tipped her head back, and let out a roar as she sent a beacon of white light into the sky.

"Why does this always happen to me?!" Chloe screeched, as Carapace and Rena Rouge watched in confusion, before the Eiffel tower began to shake.

Carapace grabbed onto one of the poled near him, as Rena gripped to his arm.

"What is that?" he yelled, quickly moving his free arm around to hold Rena Rouge around the waist as he noticed her almost crumple to the floor. He tried not to blush too much as the contact.

They continued standing there, clinging to each other as if their lives depended on it, even as the tower stopped shaking as suddenly as it started.

Bones still shaking, Carapace waited for something to happen as Princess Popular gave them a knowing smirk. "Come meet my new friends, my dear precious fans!" she yelled, arms raised and looking at the sky as Carapace and Rena spotted pairs of hands, dragging themselves up to where they were standing. "You may as well give up and give me your Miraculouses now. I have an army. All you have is a fancy flute and a shell."