Chapter 5. Adrikins

Nino hated Adrien Agreste.

Hated him.

Having Chloe's best friend sit next to him in class wasn't exactly how he imagined his year would be. But then again, neither was a lot that had happened in the last two days. He had been on the news that morning, not that anyone knew it was him. He did have to admit that he looked pretty cool when he saved Rena Rouges life though, but Wayzz was anything but impressed. He went on her ages that morning about how someone would find out it was him, even though you could barely see anything from the video. When it was time for him to go to school that morning he had stuffed Wayzz into his cap and told him not to make a noise. Thankfully, Wayzz kept quiet throughout the morning.

Adrien had seemed nice enough when he first came through the door. That was until Chloe ran up to him and flung her arms around him yelling "Adrikins! You came!". Not even two minutes into the class he had managed to put a piece of gum on Marinette's seat and insisted he was trying to get it off. Nino had just been listening to music as Marinette and Alya yelled at him, glad to not be part of the drama. Just as he thought it though, Chloe lead Adrien to the seat next to Nino, right in front of Chloe.

"Adrien." He said, putting his hand out for Nino to shake and smiling. 

Model boy, Nino thought. Chloe had made it very clear as he came into the room he was the son of Gabriel Agreste, apparently a very famous designer. Nino had never heard of him to be honest. Not famous enough then. Probably trying to use his incredible model charming powers "You're a friend of Chloe's then huh?" Nino sneered at Adrien. 

Adrien sighed. "Why do people keep saying that?" He whispered quietly. 

Nino looked at him confused. He seemed as though he didn't like being accused of being Chloe's friend, even after the whole gum commotion with Chloe sitting there giggling, let alone the "Adrikins".

"Why did you put the gum on Marinette's seat?"

Adrien threw his head to the back of the seat. "I was trying to get it off, like I said. Why would you think I would lie like that?" He looked at Nino.

"Your dear friend Chloe doesn't have the best reputation here. Who did do it?"

Adrien looked at Nino in the eye and smiled slightly. "Take one guess."

"Ohhhh. Chloe." Adrien nodded. "Why didn't you tell them it was her?"

"I've known Chloe since we were little kids. She's not perfect, but I can't throw her under the bus. She's like my only friend." 

Adrien reminded Nino of himself at that moment. Nino did have more than one friend, but none he could really talk to about anything. At least his only friend wasn't Chloe, he could admit. But that meant that Adrien needed another friend. Someone he could really talk to and get along with.

"I'm Nino, and it's time for you to make some new friends dude." Nino put out his hand to shake, and Adrien returned it with a bright smile.

"Awwww Adrikins!" Chloe wrapped her armed around Adrien's neck from behind. "Already making friends!" 

Nino tried to look away from Chloe and Adrien, and looked past them to find Alya glaring at them. She turned her gaze to Nino, giving him an ice-cold sneer. Nino felt a pang of deja-vu at that moment, but he couldn't recognise where he had seen it before. She turned back to Marinette, who was staring angrily at the front of the classroom. At least she isn't head over heels with Adrien like the rest of the girls in school, Nino thought. Then again, she won't talk to me either. Nino continued watching her stare at the wall until Chloe finally let go of Adrien and Miss Bustier came into the classroom.