Chapter 6. Eyes like Stars and Lights

Much to Carapace's surprise he had gotten to the villain before Rena Rouge. The rain had stopped, thankfully. This time he was able to somewhat see the villain. The villain looked a little like Mr Damocles, their principal, (which he probably was) except he had huge wings an huge orange moustache and black face. 

"Where's your little friend? Turtle boy?" The villain yelled at Nino from the top of a building. 

She probably didn't want to turn up after yesterday, he thought to himself. He knew she didn't like him, despised him in fact. But he still didn't think that someone who looked so serious about her job would ditch on their second mission. Besides, she was the only one who was able to capture and purify the akuma. 

As he thought it, he heard someone walk up next to him. "Surprised to see you back here Shelly. I thought Stormy Weather would've scared you away yesterday."

Ohhhh so that was her name, Carapace thought. "I just figured you would need my help again, my Rou Rou."

Rena Rouge ran towards the villain, readying her flute, and Carapace followed her with his shell shield in his hand. "I was doing just fine without you thanks. Let's just hurry up with this." Carapace rolled his eyes as Rena Rouge jumped to the villain and began fighting him, using his shield to protect him and Rena Rouge from his owl-shaped boomerangs and punches. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw people on the streets holding up phones, clicking away in awe at them in action. Carapace begun to wave, before Rena Rouge hit him in the stomach with her flute. "Stop it, focus. We can be stars later." She said, looking at him coldly. 

The villain stop fighting suddenly, and spotted the people down on the streets. "Hello Paris," He began. "I am Dark Owl, the only superhero you need you need to protect this city." He smiled at Carapace and Rena Rouge before looking back at the people. "As you can see, these 'heroes' are merely children. And you have foolishly decided to let them save Paris for you."

"I think we're doing a good job honestly." Rena Rouge interrupted. 

"Yet, you still do not know what the cause is for these attacks. So give me your Miraculouses, so I can be the hero these people need." Dark Owl yelled loudly, so both the heroes and the people would be able to hear.

"We don't want you as our hero! You are just another villain wanting to take them away from us." Carapace heard someone say. He looked over to the source of the voice and saw Marinette standing there, her hands cupped over her mouth. "They've saved us once, they can save us from you too." 

Carapace felt himself go hot in the face, as Rena Rouge laughed. "If you want our Miraculouses, you're going to have to catch us first." She stuck out her tongue at him, and leaped off, jumping across the rooves of houses. Carapace soon caught up to her, as Dark Owl sprouted wings from his back and chased after them. They soon found themselves in the school, and they ran into the building, hoping it would be safe.

"Have you worked out where the akuma is?" Carapace asked.

Rena Rouge looked at him in shock. "What? Do you really expect that because I am the one who catches them I just magically know where they are? I mean, I'd be perfectly happy to do it by myself, but according to you, we're 'partners' and all that jazz," She said mockingly.

"Well, I mean you kind of worked it out by yourself last time, before you decided to get yourself electrocuted." 

"As I said before, I was fine. I could've worked my way out of it." As she said it, there was a crash, and the large doors of the building flew open to Dark Owl flying towards them through the doors.

Carapace and Rena Rouge dashed through the school, and into the principals office, where they found large wires, tangled all around the office. All of them were connected to a computer in the middle of a large desk. They looked at each other in confusion, and walked to face the screen of the computer. Instead of just a blank computer screen, there was an orange, pixelated face.