blank page

He still remembers the day they met, remembers the older boy sitting on a bench, alone. He was singing quietly, as if he didn't want to be heard, instead of playing with the other kids in the park and suddenly, the world felt oddly silent for Sunwoo; the kid's sweet voice being the only thing he could hear.

He decided to talk to him, who turned out to be incredibly quiet and shy, but soon opened up to Sunwoo.

Both of them helped each other somehow, Chanhee's calm and caring personality grounding Sunwoo and making him feel like he finally got the older brother he always wanted and at the same time, Sunwoo's easy going and loving but teasing nature helped to improve Chanhee's confidence, giving him the courage he needed to play with the other kids and make friends.

Maybe it started when he first noticed how good they were for each other, 9 or 10 years ago, when he felt like Chanhee could protect him because he was taller at the time while he could make the other laugh anytime.

Maybe it was when he first caught himself staring at Chanhee all the time, he really couldn't take his eyes off him, he was already mesmerizing back then and he's only got prettier.

Maybe it was when he first dreamed about kissing him.

He doesn't know when it started but he can't deny that he's fallen for him. Hard.

Now Sunwoo is 19 and Chanhee is 21, both of them major in music and though they are in different years, they share one or two classes.

Since he was very young, inexperienced and clueless, Sunwoo's loved music. He began composing and writing lyrics around 4 years ago because one of Chanhee's friends' parents was a musician when young and he's hasn't stopped making music since then. He's always thought music is an universal language that everybody could understand and that felt magical to him. And naturally, he decided to pursue music.

But he never sang. There was no specific reason for it, he just didn't have his own voice in mind when composing so it was never the best choice for his music; it was always Chanhee's so he was the one singing every song he made, happily, because the older boy loved singing.

Sunwoo could swear Heaven would feel like Chanhee's singing voice, it couldn't get any better than that.

So when Chanhee told him he was starting a band and that his role in it would be being the main vocalist, Sunwoo was thrilled and immediately offered to compose songs for them. And the band accepted, enthusiastically, after Chanhee showed them a few of his songs.

They had debuted around a year ago but they were quite famous in the area because of their alternative style. Their songs talked about a lot of things: (having to) grow up too fast, being scared of the future, dreams they hoped to achieve someday, nightmares that won't go away, finding your safe place, learning what happiness is, not knowing yourself, faking smiles, happy tears, the peace music brings to them and friends who saved their lives are some of them.

Sunwoo felt quite satisfied with all the topics he's written about. He has noticed that recently, they've been gaining more attention because of his heartfelt lyrics and he was happy for himself and for Chanhee since both of them are doing what they love, it being making music for Sunwoo and singing for Chanhee.

But Chanhee just asked him if he could write a few songs about what he had been, succesfully, avoiding until now.

Maybe he misheard him, Chanhee couldn't be asking that, right?

"Sorry, what?" He asked, laughing nervously.

"Please, we don't have a single love song and I really wanna include a few of them in this album, I already have some ideas for the cover and music videos, please" Chanhee repeated what Sunwoo thought was a nightmare, pouting this time because he knew the younger could hardly say no when he did.

Sunwoo sighed "I don't know if I can write a decent love song, you know I haven't liked anyone for years now" he lied easily to his best friend, the same one he's been in love with for almost a decade. He hated lying but he couldn't tell him the truth.

Sunwoo sighed once again and ran his hands through his hair in frustration "fine but if you laugh or tease me about it, you'll get a song about that time I caught you practicing how to kiss with your pillow, deal?" Chanhee glared at him but accepted, extending his hand for Sunwoo to take "deal" he said after a second but Sunwoo did scissors and his friend snorted.

This is just the prologue so I hope you give it a chance if you liked it!