Eighth song

When Chanhee woke up, he heard voices coming from the kitchen, he followed the noise to find Sunwoo's parents discussing whether to wake their son up for breakfast or let him sleep some more. They stopped as soon as they saw Chanhee entering the kitchen too.

"Good morning, Chanhee" his father greeted at the same time the woman asked "why did you sleep on the couch?" He  just chuckled awkwardly and scratched the back of his neck "hi."

"Take a seat, breakfast is ready" Sunwoo's mother told him, so he did before saying "Sunwoo doesn't have morning classes today" both parents sighed and exchanged meaningful glances. Chanhee didn't know what they meant when they looked at each other like that but he knew they were communicating somehow, like people who have been together for a long time can do. 

When they sat with him, he asked "is everything okay?" both of them shook their heads no, the man starts eating.

"We're worried" the woman told him "Did you and Sunwoo fight?" He blinked a few times, confused before shaking his head and quickly replying "No, no, no, not at all" the mother stared at him for a few seconds before adding "Sunwoo isn't sleeping enough" she says as she starts eating, joining her husband "please wake him up when you have to go?" she asks. He nods. 

After that, they ate quietly. Chanhee swore silence never felt this disheartening before.

Both parents finished eating soon, washed the dishes and left for work just like that, quietly, leaving the boys alone. Chanhee just staring out the window in the living room until his alarm rang, he should be leaving to get to his first class on time.

So he quickly took his bag and taking one look back to Sunwoo's bedroom door, he made a choice and run. He ran to nearest bakery and bought some pastries just to come back to his best friend's house and finish making breakfast for him.

Serving a cup of coffee and setting it and the pastries on a tray, he walked to Sunwoo's room. Balancing the tray on one hand, he opened the door and didn't stop himself from laughing at the sight of his friend looking at him like he could't believe his eyes. After a second, Sunwoo smiled brightly and muttered a small "hi" his voice deeper than normal. 

Chanhee gave him a lazy smile, walking towards him and taking a seat besides him on his bed, putting the tray on his lap. Sunwoo's freezing heart had warmed up by the sight of Chanhee still here, with him.

"What time is it?" Sunwoo asked, trying to grab his phone from his nightstand but his friend stopped him by holding his hand in his and just told him "it's still early" with the biggest smile on his face. He ate slowly, trying to enjoy the moment before it slipped away and trying to get Chanhee to eat with him too by smearing the pastries' cream on his face.

"Stop it" Chanhee said, wiping the cream on his face with a napkin for the third time. Sunwoo just giggled and stared at him for a few seconds before Chanhee looked at him again. "Did you sleep at all? The dark circles under your eyes look like bruises by now" Chanhee, offended, threw a pillow at him, Sunwoo squeaked. 

They both laughed until Chanhee added "your dark circles aren't any better" Sunwoo looked at him raising an eyebrow "they make me look badass" now Chanhee burst into giggles and tried to cover his mouth but Sunwoo stopped him by taking his hand in his. Surprised, he stopped giggling and just stared at the younger before standing up. 

"Can I borrow your clothes?" he asked, alreadylooking into his closet "what do I get in return?" he asked, just to tease the older, who replied "what do you want?" without turning around.

What does he want? I want you to like me, he thought of saying, or at least to stay by my side, but what came out of his mouth was only "I want you to sing for me" Chanhee laughed as he urned to look at him now. He began singing one of Sunwoo's past songs, one about how important music is for him. Sunwoo just closed his eyes and concentrated con his voice, how sweet it was. Would that sweet voice turn bitter when he knew about his feelings...?