Last song

After Chanhee left, leaving his heart aching, he went back to lay in bed. Just looking at the ceiling as tears left his eyes. Even though he had already made a choice, knowing he was going to lose him wasn't easy. He stayed there, time had stopped for him in that moment and at the same time it was running, about to catch him. He didn't get up from bed.

Another sleepless night.

Heartache is a dangerous killer. no traces left, no witnesesse, like a ghost.

The next day, he still couldnt bring himself to go to his lectures, to face Chanhee before it was time. Yesterday repeated itself, until he heard a knock on the door. He went to open the door, knowing it was his friend who came for the last song. Looking down to hide how red his eyes had turned because of crying, he let him in, stepping away from him quickly. As Chanhee was about to take a step towards him, Sunwoo said "don't come closer" his voice breaking at the end giving away how destroyed his heart already was. So many nights of doubts and fear, so much pain to hide behind a smile had hurt it so bad, maybe beyond repair.

Chanhee was surprised to say the least, but took a step back when he heard his friend. Sunwoo muttered "my notebook" his voice so fragile, he could tell Sunwoo was barely able to speak, he was about to break down. And still, he didn't dare to move closer because of what he ha asked him before.

He slowly took the notebook out of his bag and slided it on the floor in Sunwoo's direction. The younger picked up the notebook in trembing hands and opened it, starting to read.

Destiny

I know I'm not your destiny

that I should  stay away,

it's kinda funny

cause I know I can't.

My fate is looking,

never touching

loving and it never returning.

You're the love of my life,

my first and last,

for longer than eternity.

In every life I've lived,

In every life I'll live,

my heart belongs to you,

a never healing wound.

Be sure, love

I'll be yours every life,

loving you the most delightful pain;

I tried,

but I can't escape fate.

You're meant for someone else,

something better than I could offer,

I can't compete against that

but I couldn't stop my fall.

You're my destiny

even when I'm not yours,

but baby, believe me

when I say I wish I was.

Sunwoo couldn't stop himself after he read the last verse, he let out a loud sob and quickly covered his face, dropping the notebook, as he burts into tears, "I'm sorry" Chanhee could hear him trying to say, but he was sobbing so much he could barely speak. 

A soft touch on his hands, gently moving them away from his face, surprised Sunwoo. Chanhee was right there in front of him with a sad smile "there's one song left" his friend stared at him, puzzled "I only wrote 10 songs" he says through the sobs and tremors wracking through his body "this was the last", he was trying to wipe the tears away of his eyes but more and more kept coming, making his vision blurry.

Chanhee picked up the notebook from the floor "I'll read this one for you" he whispered gently.

Scared

When I first noticed

how my heart pounded,

I was scared

of its fluttering.

Fear filled my soul

and blurred my sight,

I couldn't stop

and still I

will never regret my fall. 

You don't how many times

I've cried for you;

your pain is mine

and I want you to know

I'd do anything I can

for you to smile one more time.

Your happiness is mine,

even if my heart aches for you,

I want you to fly

and be happy for the both of us.

If she saw your soul,

she'd fall for you.

I know I did,

I fell for it.

"I'm sorry I'm telling you like this, right now of all times, but I didn't know how to it and-" Chanhee took a deep breath as he spoke "yeah..." a blush coloring his face, his lips curled in a sad smile, anxious heart pounding in his chest. He didn't look at Sunwoo.

The younger's eyes widened, jaw slack and breath stopping for a second. He carefully cupped Chanhee's cheek, making him face him. He felt dizzy, vision blurry and zeroed in Chanhee and then, he said the truth he had been struggling to hide "the songs are bout you" in a breathy whisper. Then, silence fell upon them. Chanhee froze, surprised, not knowing what to do.

Sunwoo was still crying but a slight smile adorned his face now. Chanhee was staring at him in disbelief, and yet mesmerized. "I..." he tried to speak, he didn't know what to say, but luckily Sunwoo did "it's okay."

Chanhee hadn't realized his eyes were full of unshed tears until they started rolling down his face "I hurt you so much, how could it be okay?" escaped his lips in a voice that could barely be heard.

Sunwoo smiled, that soft smile that only appeared on rare occasions and tells him in the sweetest voice ever "but you made me just as happy if not more" and then he added "do you... feel the same" scared he might've have misunderstood, but Chanhee nodded, no doubt in his eyes.

They stayed there just staring into each other's eyes, until Sunwoo spoke again "I love you, Choi Chanhee" he caressed the other's cheek "you're my sun, moon and stars, my happiness."

Chanhee couldn't hold back after hearing his words, leaning in quickly to leave a barely there kiss on Sunwoo's lips. Both of them smiled, tears of happiness still falling from their eyes. "I love you too" he replied as he leaned in again and again, leaving both of them breathless.

"I don't want to lose you" the unspoken fear of their friendship ending because of their feelings haunting them, but Sunwoo replied "I believe in us" with the brightest smile and that, was enough for Chanhee.

Chanhee's band, Missing Joy, had loved all of Sunwoo's songs, releasing them in an album titled "My Fall" and, to the band's surprise, it gathered a lot of attention. Being able to tour around the country during the summer.

As Chanhee watched Sunwoo on the crowd, first row, his biggest fan, he felt sure about it: They'll make it work.

Hiiiii, here's the last chapter! I hope ypu enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it, thank you so much for reading and please let me know what you thought of the ending? <3