Mortal Kombat 2021 Review *Spoilers*

Yes doing one of these....This is a MK Story.....What did you expect? a Half assed story with HOT EDENIAN FEMALE TARKATAN CLONE WAMAN!?!?!?

Hanzo "Scorpion" Hasashi

Let it be known that Hiroyoki Sanada's Scorpion is PERFECT casting. For character building, though it is Quick and not at all like in the games, it does what it is set out to do from Start and End by the end of the Movie. Pretty okay, But I would prefer that he would have shown his transformation into the Spector Scorpion, and maybe a Cameo from Quan-Chi. His fights are Great, making his Spear rope and him just SHITTING on the Lin Kuei was just too cool looking and with Sanada's performance, though brief, he took what he had and did his thing. Also, his Son is a G. Scorpions "GET OVER HERE" is not the Original, or Ed Boons, though kinda sad, but the more you listen to it and execution of the pull is done really great, and again fight done between Him and Sub-Zero is just Great, and the Fatality is a wonderful commemoration to the original fatality. Cool Iconic character Done Well and Well Done by Sanada.

Cole "Hasashi" Young

Performance by Lewis Tan is pretty good, choppy lines here and there but nothing to Dwell on. I didn't Hate Cole by the end of the Film. Personally, what I think would have been cooler for him to be related to Shujinko from MKD. Though for the Fight between him and Goro, that kinda irked me, the prince of the Shokan, beat by some guy with an MMA background and fake ass Black Panther suit.... Naw G. The Armor design is fire and the Tonfa designs are cool too. I like the reference they made with the Upper Cut during the fight though, that was Fine. The suit coming from the want to protect his family, in concept is medium difficulty stuff, is pretty fire in outcome. Fight with Sub-Zero is Great, though he technically lost and would have died in that if Scorpion hadn't stepped in, the Team up was really cool. the Fights with him and interactions with the other characters are good, he cares for his Family and wants to protect them if it kills him. He is going to be THE MOST hated character for being the main focus in the cast, but I don't think it deserved. Descent Character, and Decent Performance by Lewis Tan.

Jax Briggs

Performance by Mehcad Brooks, Casting for Jax is on the nose, and Mehcad Brooks takes was he is given and makes a Mountain out of a Molehill, or well a Good-sized Bump in the road in terms of impact with the character. Jaxs fight with Sub-Zero I kinda feel shouldn't have been so One Sided, because even before he got his Bionic arms, on top of military training he did have two special abilities, three if you count the grab, my example being in MK2. His fight with Reiko is a little stiff, but I did enjoy the Fatality from MK2 he did. Overall, Though not much for character development, but as far as overcoming what you lost, I think Jax plays that story point pretty well. Good Character and Good Performance by Mehcad.

Sonya Blade

Performance by Jessica McNamee, another on the nose Actress chosen for the role, I think the characteristic that brings out Sonya for me is that Jawline and BOI does Jessica have something going for her. They decided to shaft and kind of diss Sonya throughout the film Until the Climax witch Kinda Bothered me, being that Sonya is capable of standing on her own, Even getting a role in Mortal Kombat Special Forces. Though I'm not that big a fan of Sonya it just felt off to me. Her fight with Kano I thought was pretty Creative, Using Guerrilla style fighting to keep out of his line of sight, and then blinding him, Downside is that she Killed him to get her Arcana, I'll elaborate on this a while, also she should have gotten her Rematch with Mileena. Overall though she was kinda sidelined, she shows what she can do if she was drawn out a bit more, good performance from Jessica McNamee hope to see more from her in the Future.

Liu Kang

Done by Ludi Lin is Another pretty good deal of acting and great casting, His build really brings out that Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee vibe, and being that Liu Kang is pretty much Bruce Lee with Fire Balls, Yeah, he did Great. What's not so great is that of all people that he was getting handled by in their first fight was with Kabal, sure he has Super Speed, but as Trained as Liu Kang is in All his lore, Super Speed is the thing that does him in? But he makes Up for it in the Rematch, and the Fatality is BEAUTIFUL. As far as the Story goes for Kang they kind of make him an edge Lord, him having to kill someone for his Arcana and making it a point in the film when he speaks between Cole, not too sure who he killed, might have been Bo Rai Cho better not have been. His Friendship between him and Kung Lao is expected, and you can feel it between them when they argue with Kano, and when he finally gets his head band is kind of a breath of Relief for me, and if there is a Second Mortal Kombat Movie I kind hope that is a form of motivation for when the tournament Comes. So finally, I think they did Liu Kang pretty good and with Ludi Lin I have nothing but praises for the Black Ranger.

Long and short of it 7/10 haven't seen it a second time since the first, but if given the chance, i'd watch again. Nice flick to watch with friends.

(Rest will come as Soon as the Story Finishes....)