Chapter 9: please open the door

Percy's POV

So long story short, here I am in after school detention staring at a piece of paper in front of me. After walking into class I had been given a paper and told to right a 500 word paragraph about why I'm here.

Why am I here?

WHY AM I HERE???

I don't know maybe because I tried to be a good boyfriend and now I'm paying for it. Because I should be with Annabeth trying to formulate the words to make a decent apology and tell her all the ways I'm planning on making it up to her. But instead I'm sitting here in detention counting down the seconds.

Wait this is good, I'll write this down.

I feel like I'm in the breakfast club this is so stupid.

After I scramble down my thought, I look up at the clock to see how much time I just burned. 5 minutes! Arghhh this is never going to end!

I look around the room and notice Leo is sitting across the room. I quickly get up and run over to him.

"Mr. Jackson, sit back down!" I hear as I run over to the seat.

"Okay!" I shout back as I slide into the seat right next to Leo.

"What do you want?" He whispers to me, "I'm not telling you anything about Annabeth."

"Please, come on I just want to know where she is. I don't think she would go home, right? Cause if she went home she would have to talk to her stepmom and that stresses her out. Look, I know you don't like me very much but I have to know where she went. You have a better chance of knowing. Come on... please???" I plead as quietly as possible.

"Okay you're right I know where she is but why would I tell you? You're literally the worst..."

"YOU TWO!"

"Sorry" We say simultaneously.

Please I have to tell her I'm sorry in person. I fucked up so badly. I write this on my paper and shift over to Leo.

He laughs and writes back yeah you did. He looked up at me and sighed.

Whatever, you're not going to stop bothering me. Let's just say you were wrong about where she would be. Annabeth isn't going to go far when she's this upset. She'll probably be home, that's my guess. And you would know that if you actually knew her.

After reading the note I looked back up at Leo who wasn't focused on his "paragraph."

I look at the clock. Oh you've got to be kidding me! I still have another hour to go! Okay it's time to take matters into my own hands.

Okay one more favor.

Annabeth's POV

Everything sucks. After showing up at my house at 12:05, sobbing, my stepmom had thought that someone had died. I couldn't manage to tell her what had happened with all the crying so she called my dad.

And after an extremely awkward conversation, I was now whimpering on my bed and my parents were outside my room talking in attempted whispers.

"What are we supposed to do? Should we call this Percy kid's mom. I know her from some of the committee meetings." My stepmom said in a hushed tone.

"No I don't know if that would do anything. Maybe I should call the school?"

No! That would make everything so much worse! I stand up quickly and rush to open the door, "No!! Don't do that!"