Chapter 1

Four years later...

The smell of cheap cleaning spray and overpriced air freshener fills Harry's nose as he walks into his new flat with Niall and Liam trailing behind.

The carpet in the living area and rooms are grey and look to be freshly vacuumed whereas the kitchen floor is laid out with dark brown wood and white cupboards.

The three bedroom and two bath flat is perfect for the three pop stars to pretend that their lives are simple. To get away and live normal for a while is exactly what they need to write their next album while also attaining some stability in their lives.

Boxes have begun lining the outside wall as the boys have carried their belongings up four flights of stairs, leaving them on the third level next to one other door.

"Help me out would you, H?" Liam asks with a strain in his voice as his muscular thighs tread up the beginning steps. Harry rushes down, taking multiple steps at a time, seeing Liam struggling on his own with Niall's dresser.

Harry immediately latches onto the opposite edge and gathers half of the weight. "Fuck." He grunts at the rough wood surrounding his fingers. "Where's Ni?" He asks before adding, "The little fucker hasn't done shit." He laughs, referring to how Niall has been sat on the couch that Harry and Liam also carried up.

"Heyyy!" Niall whines, tracking behind the pair and trying to usher them to walk faster. "I'm sorry I'm hungry! Don't blame me though, it's not my fault!"

Liam groans and Harry rolls his eyes as they make it up the final stairs and step into their new home.

Niall has the larger bedroom, saying 'If the world is my oyster, I at least need enough space to swim around.'

It didn't make sense to the other boys, but it's better not to argue, seeing as Niall always gets his way.

"I should bake something for our neighbors!" Harry exclaims after they've situated a few more items. "What do you think I should make? Maybe a pie. What if it's a little old lady? I'm sure she'd love a pie!"

"We should meet them first, H." Liam laughs, clapping Harry on the shoulder and stepping outside for another box.

——

"Let's go, you two!" Louis calls from his head sticking in the fridge to pull out his four year olds Cookie Monster lunch box and his nieces Marvel one.

Unfortunately for Louis, his son Ryler, is infatuated with cookies and basically anything sweet; the oven, stove top, and everything to do with baking.

This is bad for Zayn and Louis because it has led to more accidents than they would like to admit since neither can come up with anything remotely fancy other than spaghetti noodles and red sauce from a jar.

"I'm right here, daddy!" Ryler shouts, jumping up and down and waving his arms in the air.

Oh no Louis thinks, today is a day where his son is going to be bouncing off the walls and into tomorrow—thank god he has day care today.

Ari skips along behind Ryler and she lazily holds her stuffed bunny she got from Louis in her hand. "I here too!" She exclaims, using her free hand to rub one of her eyes.

"Ari babes, why aren't you dressed?" Louis asks, noticing she's still in her Superman onesie that's just about too small. "Zayn!" He calls out.

"Shudup. I'm here." Zayn grumbles, running a hand through his hair and pulling Ari onto the counter to sit and change her into a long sleeve and jeans.

Ryler and Louis are basically matching with grey sweats and black long sleeves. "We gotta go." Louis says, grabbing both of the kids winter coats from the hook on the wall and tossing Ari's to her dad.