Chapter 10

"Mornin', dadda!" Ryler loudly whispers as he stands in front of a sleeping Louis.

With his eyes closed, Louis reaches an arm out, winding it around the small waist and pulling his son up onto the bed. Ryler squeals with giggles, flailing his legs around as Louis attacks the boy's neck with a mixture of kisses and raspberries.

"Dadda, stop it! Stop it!" Ryler shouts with heavy breaths.

Louis gives one more gentle kiss to the back of his son's head before rolling onto his back and sitting up. "'Morning, bug. You excited for daycare?"

"Nooo!" Ryler whines, taking the edge of the duvet and tossing it over his head.

Louis drags down the covers, revealing a pouting little boy. "But you get to see and play with all your friends!"

"I wanna play with you, dadda!" Ryler exclaims, shimmying his body further down the bed and back under the duvet.

"Come on, Ry. We'll have fun later, yeah? Remember that Harry's coming over too, so if you're not being good we'll have to cancel."

Ryler groans and rolls himself off of the bed, now stomping into the small closet. He huffs, and with the help of his dad, pulls out his outfit of light-washed skinny jeans and a black, zip-up jacket with a white shirt underneath.

Louis checks his phone for any messages from last night and when all cleared, he begins getting dressed into his work uniform. He watches as Ryler sulks at everything he does and he can already sense a tantrum coming on.

Ryler brushes his teeth in the bathroom as Louis leaves for the kitchen. As best he can while brushing his teeth, he gets out ingredients for yogurt parfaits.

"Ry, come out here so I can help you brush please!" Louis requests, not worrying about waking up Zayn and Ari since they should be up anyway.

Ryler's quick and tiny footsteps can be heard slapping against the wood. Coming to a halt, Ryler hangs his arm in the air with his toothbrush.

"Oi!" Louis chuckles around his own toothbrush as a drop of toothpaste falls off of Ryler's.

Ryler giggles and Louis spits and washes his toothbrush over the kitchen sink, now assisting Ryler with his.

"Gotta get each tooth, yeah? Make these teeth pearly white!"

"Uh huh." Ryler hums happily.

Once done, Louis hands both of their toothbrushes to Ryler to bring back to the bathroom. Ryler then meets his dad at the kitchen table and Louis allows the boy to choose his own toppings and messily put them into the bowl on top of some yogurt.

When done, Louis gets two more bowls and adds what he knows Zayn and Ari like before putting the food back into the fridge.

He nimbly eats his own breakfast so he has time to get the rest of the way ready and Zayn and Ari emerge from their room.

A couple of minutes later, they're all ready to leave and get to daycare. Louis opens the door, ushering everyone out and of course, Harry is running up the stairs, sweaty, panting heavily, and looking obscenely delicious to Louis.

Harry looks up and smiles, but suddenly jerks back when two little bodies run at him. He's...well, he's not exactly surprised, but it's only because he may or may not have changed his running schedule to be able to say bye to everyone.

"Hi." Harry grins with labored breaths as he lifts Ryler in one arm and glances at Zayn for silent approval before picking up Ari. "Going to daycare?"

"Uh huh!" Ari responds with an excited nod. "I love daycare!"

"I don't." Ryler pouts with downcast eyes. "'s stupid." He mutters barely above a whisper.