Chapter 7

Although Louis has generously received a day off tomorrow, it doesn't mean his schedule today is going to be anything less than busy. With early practices followed by two classes, all he really needed was a good night's rest.

Unfortunately, that plan was squashed when he was woken up in the morning by the diminutive sounds of Ryler retching into a plastic baking bowl with Zayn kneeled in front of him, brushing his hair back in hopes to provide comfort.

"I want Hazzy." Ryler pleads as Zayn uses his thumbs to wipe away his falling tears.

"Why didn't you wake me up!?" Louis' face appears nothing short of shock when he rushes over and Zayn's body slightly tenses at his manic tone.

"'Cause you're tired, dada." Ryler sickly presses out. "Please?" His small voice insists when neither of the two men have acknowledged his request.

"It's too early for him to come over, bug." Louis concludes with an apologetic look on face as he moves to the locked medicine cabinet.

"Please?" Ryler sullenly pleads from the couch while Louis is on his tiptoes, grabbing down over-the-counter stomach medication.

"Sorry, Ry." Louis appeases, tipping the thick, gel-like liquid into a small cup and taking Zayn's place on the floor. "This should help you feel better, love. Just a quick sip and it'll all feel better!" Louis cheers, carefully waggling his fingers into Ryler's abdomen.

Usually Louis' nonsense antics pacify his son, but it seems that right now he's stern with his heart set on his new friend coming over.

Ryler takes the syrupy medication after Louis holds the cup to his lips and he scrunches his face at the flavor.

Surprisingly, Ryler's eyes begin to well and his lips turn into a glum pout. He clutches his stomach before throwing up all of the purpley liquid into the bowl.

Taking the dampened towel from Zayn's hand—which, what? Louis didn't even hear the sink turn on—he swipes the cool water against his son's forehead before running it over Ryler's quivering lips.

With now chattering teeth and damp hair, Louis begins to worry a bit more. This has happened once before and it was just a quick stomach bug that passed in less than a couple hours, but he can never be too sure of anything.

"I want fairy Harry! Fairies are supposed to make everything better!" Ryler cries, using one hand to rub at his eye.

And who is Louis to deny his baby anything he wants right now. "Okay, babes. I'll call and tell Harry to work his fairy magic. How's that sound?"

Ryler weakly nods his head while Louis quickly runs to his room to snatch his phone. He dials Harry on his way back over to his son and plops down, carding his hands through Ryler's hair.

The phone rings until it almost dies out, but at the last second, Harry answers,

"Lou? Is everything okay? Should I come over?" He sounds tired and his voice is raspy.

"Erm...could you? Ryler's sick and he's-"

"I'm headed over."

Only seconds later, there's a rapid three knocks before Harry drives the door open, then closed. His face screams 'distraught' and clearly recently woken when he briskly strides over and Louis hugs into his side.

His grey sweatpants leave nothing to Louis' imagination and he paired it with a tossed-on, too small Man U sweatshirt that he stole from Louis.

"Hey what's wrong with Ryler? You sounded serious." Harry's face is filled with worry and his eye brows are furrowed, it's quite endearing the amount of care he already has for Ryler.