Chapter 4

A few days later and Louis still hasn't texted Harry back.

It's not that he doesn't want to see Harry, it's that his days are just too busy.

Louis works all Tuesday morning and has football practice in the afternoon. He's supposed to have classes in an hour, but he just can't force himself to be motivated right now, especially when he comes home to Ryler who insists that it's necessary for him to go to the park.

"Aren't you tired, bug?" Louis asks with his eyes closed and elbows on the counter. His under eyes are extra swollen right now and he feels as though he could sleep for a week straight.

His professors have decided to join forces and make this week a living hell by giving him three-fifteen page essays for three different classes.

His nights have merged with the days and he's not exactly sure what day it is right now.

He's not even sure his phone has been charged the past couple days and he really doesn't know if he's still wearing the same clothes as yesterday.

"No, dadda! We gotta go to the park so I can go swoosh down the slide!" Ryler shouts, making a slope motion with his arms and hands.

Louis sighs and agrees since he can just bring his computer and work on the park bench. "Okay, babes. Grab your shoes for me."

"They're already on, daddy!" Ryler says, kicking his legs up one at a time.

"Let's head out then!" Louis nods and moves to the door, already having his backpack on from not even getting a second to take it off.

"Can I open the door, please?" Ryler asks, holding onto the silver door knob.

Once he gets permission, the door flies open and bangs into the adjacent wall. Louis sighs, hoping there's not a dent he'll have to pay for when they finally move out at some point.

He turns around and is met with a brilliant smile and green eyes. "Hey." Harry greets each boy.

"Hey, Harry." Louis says, trying his best to smile which ends up being a pathetic and tired-lopsided half grin. "Haven't been ignoring you." Louis points to him with his eyes closed, almost sounding drunk from exhaustion.

"Are you alright, Lou?" Harry asks, moving closer with his hand in Ryler's subsequently to the boy sliding it in Harry's by himself.

"Sorry. I don't know when I last slept and I can't find my phone so I haven't been ignoring you. Promise."

Harry shakes his head and the frown on his face deepens. "It's okay, babe. Don't worry about it." He says, which makes Louis' eyes pop open. "I'm sure you don't trust me yet, but you need sleep. Why don't I watch Ryler and we'll stay right inside here while you take a nap. I'll wake you up if anything happens."

Louis shakes his head and ruffles Ryler's hair. "We were gonna go to the park and I have essays." He explains.

Harry twists his lips and sighs. "Lou, you really should get some sleep."

"I'll be okay. It's been worse before." Louis says, getting slightly annoying. He reopens the door and holds it for Ryler and Harry to leave out of. "You can come to the park with us though." He offers

Harry's face brightens and he holds out his free hand for Louis to take. "Okay, sure. Ready to go little man?" He asks Ryler.

Ryler frowns, looking at Harry's extended hand out to his dad and he gives it a slap. "Mine!" Ryler says, yanking Harry's hand and giggling a bit. "My Harry." He says and pulls him towards the steps.