Chapter 8

(Author's note: Please remember this is a co-written book and to go follow @cashuismydog and to read her books!)

The sizzling of the pan as Harry cooks breakfast is heard all throughout the kitchen. Today is the day of his and Louis' date. He isn't nervous per-say, but more excited​​—it will be a nice, relaxing evening between the two, something they both know Louis desperately needs.

He's silently dancing to a tune in his head when Liam comes in, fully woken up and fresh out of the shower.

"Hey mate, breakfast smells amazing." Liam praises, making Harry jump a bit when he wasn't expecting the sudden voice.

He smiles. "Thanks, Li. Any plans today? You're all dressed up." Harry asks, his focus going back to salting the eggs.

"Yeah, me and Ni were thinking of going to the studio today."

Harry nods, thankful he doesn't have to kick his best mates out for his date. Niall soon comes in, looking a bit less awake but showered as well.

"Harold. Food. Now." He grumbles, not happy about being woken up so early and having an empty stomach. Harry rolls his eyes fondly and puts the breakfast on three separate plates, along with toast. The three of them start eating.

"So, um." Harry starts, the other two look up. "Me and Louis are gonna have a date here, so um, if you could like, not come till tomorrow maybe?" He asks, a blush rising on his cheeks as his two friends smirk. "No, I don't mean like—I'm not even sure if we'll be doing that. It's just-" Liam and Niall laugh at their friend's adorable freakout.

"H, it's fine, we'll find some place to go, don't worry." Liam assures and Harry sighs a breath of relief.

"We should actually get going anyways, let's go Ni." Thankfully, Niall had already finished his breakfast, so they both get up and walk towards the door, Harry's blush starting to go away until Niall shouts some words, making him go pink all over again.

"Oh and use protection!"

Harry rolls his eyes and ignores the heat of his cheeks and gathers up the dirty plates.

After doing the dishes, he decides he should shower and get some stuff from the store for later tonight. He goes upstairs, strips himself of his clothes and takes a long shower, washing his hair thoroughly and making sure to shave.

He comes out with wet hair and a towel around his waist. Going to his closet, he decides on a simple jumper and his usual black skinny jeans. Simply toweling his hair dry and brushing a few times is good enough for his curly hair. He grabs his things and decides to walk to the grocery store since it's not too far and Niall and Liam have the car.

____

Meanwhile next door, Louis is taking advantage of his day off, no classes, no practice, no work. He sleeps in, something he hasn't done in a while. Thankfully, when Ryler came in the morning, he simply just fell asleep with Louis again. So right now the father and son are cuddling in bed, sound asleep.

Zayn and Gigi are already awake, along with their daughter, but decide not to wake up the pair, they can't remember the last time Louis took a day for himself.

Ryler slowly wakes up again, needing to go to the bathroom. He gets up and being a big boy, he can go potty by himself. He does his business and makes sure to wash his hand and giggles when he sees his daddy sleeping. He looks funny with his hair spiked everywhere.

Ryler walks into the kitchen rubbing his eyes, seeing Zayn and Gigi, along with Ari.

"Hey bud, awake already?" Gigi asks, picking up the boy. She had come over early in the morning to pick up Ari for daycare. He nods and leans his head on her shoulder, still a bit cuddly from just waking.