Map of You

A few days after the gala, Derek and Callie started a brain-mapping project. Athena thought it was pretty cool to witness. She had stopped in whenever she could. Derek had been studying some CT scans when Athena walked in. "Hey. How's brain mapping going?" "If you count, the no sleep, and the constant thinking about work, then excellent." Athena chuckled, "That's the same with the ER. Been on-call for 3 days." Derek groaned as his phone buzzed. "Get it for me." Athena picked up the phone, "Hello? This is who? Yes, hold on a second." Athena whispered and held the phone away from her. "Derek, its the president." Derek gave her a shocked wide-eyed look. "Hand it to me. Hello? Yes, this is Dr. Shepherd." Athena's pager buzzed and gave Derek a wave, and left the room.

      Athena stormed into the patient room. "Karev, you paged?" Athena looked up from her phone to see, once again, Jo and Alex *McDirtying*. Athena covered her eyes. "Karev. You couldn't have warned me?" Athena heard bustling. The door opened and closed. "She is gone?" Athena uncovered her eyes. "Yes." "Now, what is so important that I walked into this room and saw you feeling up an intern." Alex smirked, "I wanted to see if you wanted to head to Joe's later." Athena was not on-call tonight, "Sure. Sounds good." Alex nodded and walked away. Athena's day she has had just gotten a bit better no what she had plans.

     After her shift, she walked out of the hospital and walked over to Joe'. Alex, Derek, Mark, Owen, Meredith, Jo, Cristina had all been there already. Athena plopped down next to Mer and Cristina. "Tequila, please." Joe nodded and started to fill up a few shots. Athena got her shots and downed them in an instant with no face. Mer and Cristina laughed. "Our type of girl." The two of them high-fived. Mark and Derek had both looked impressed. "What?" Athena had asked cluelessly. Mark let out a soft chuckle, "Nothing. Just impressive." Athena shrugged her shoulders, "It's nothing." "Oh, we know." A few drinks later, Athena had been drunkenly giggling along with Mer and Cristina. Alex had already left with left Cristina, Owen, Derek, Meredith, Mark, and Athena. Eventually, the 6 of them had left and gone to Meredith and Derek's house. 

      Mark had brought Athena upstairs and into her room. Athena had been sleeping when she got up. She walked down the steps to see Mer and Cristina both sitting down there. "What are you guys doing up?" Athena whispered as her eyes adjusted to the light. "Can't sleep. You?" "Well, I can sleep, but Mark is being too loud. Sleep would terrific right now." The house was suddenly filled with the loud chime of the doorbell. "Who the hell would drive into the woods and knock on someones door at 2 am?" Athena reached for the door handle. "Hi. Can I help you?" The youngish girl carrying a baby replied, "Uhm- yes actually. I was told Mark Sloan would be here? Just tell him Sloan is here." Mer and Cristina had both gotten shocked looks on their faces. Athena had given her a fake smile and replied like she hadn't be bothered by someone looking for Mark at 2 am, "Yes, I'll get him." Athena had shut the door and rushed up the steps, "Who the hell is Sloan?" Athena rolled her eyes and walked into her bedroom. Athena had kneeled next to Mark and shook him gently, "Mark. Someone named Sloan is here looking for you." Marks's sleepy, dreamy eyes had suddenly widened, and he raced down the steps. 

      "Sloan?!" He said very excitedly as he opened the door. Derek and Owen had both heard the excitement and rushed downstairs. Derek and Owen both looked over at each other once they saw. Athena had taken a glass of water, listening to the conversation in the background. Sloan had let out a big sigh, "Dad." Athena's eyes had widened, and she quite literally spits out her water. Athena's face had become red; she became hot. She needed to get out. Athena ran out of the house, pushing past Sloan and rushing outside. She leaned over and let out a big breath; Mer and Cristina both went out after Athena. 

       Athena ran to her car and drove down the long driveway. Athena often went to get her mind clear. Mark had asked Sloan to stay here in the extra room if she needed. He brought her up to her room. After, Mark had called Athena again and again. 

2:34

31 missed calls from Mark<3

3 new voice mails

10 text messages from Mark<3

        Athena had kept ignoring his calls. She couldn't bear to talk to him, think about him. She eventually, she had driven back to the house. It was now around 4. She stormed into her room, being as loud and obnoxious as possible. Turning on the lights, slamming her drawers, stomping. Mark groaned and sat up, "Athena can we just talk?" Athena stuffed her clothes into a bag. "No Mark. We cannot talk. You should have talked and told me you had a daughter and a grandchild when you had the chance, Mark. So no." Athena stormed out of the room and slammed the door. 

      She had driven and driven for what she felt forever. She had gone to the hospital. She walked up to Hunt's office. She swung open the door, "Hunt. I need work." Owen looked up, "Well, the ER is swamped; go see if you can help." Athena nodded and changed. She walked out of the elevator to see and crowded ER. She noticed April running all over. "Apes! Where do you need me?!" April waved over Athena, "Beds 1-4 still need help!" Athena walked over to those beds and gave them consults. She had finished those in like 2 hours because she needed to wait on backed-up CT results. After the ER had finally cleared out some, Athena sat at the desk and finished filling in charts. She and April had both gone up to the cafeteria. Athena stabbed her salad, "You will never believe who showed up at 2 am this morning." April was confused, "Who? And why 2 am?" Athena had let out a sad, defeated sigh and faded into a slight laugh, "Mark's daughter and grandchild." April gasped, "No, no way! I would had been pissed." Athena leaned in closer, "I was and still am!" April sighed as both their pagers went off. 

A/N:  

Word Count: 1,087

UGHHH I HATED DOING THIS

BUT VERY SPICY CHAPTER THEN WE SEE ATHENA PLAYING SOME BASEBALL

IM THE BIGGEST MARTHENA (CHANGED THEIR SHIP NAME BECAUSE I DIDNT LIKE IT) STAN EVERRR

LIKE I LOVE THEM

SO THEY WONT STAY APART FOR LONGGG