Hidden Artifact

Athena and April's page had been false. The page had been from some psych intern looking for trouble. Athena's shift ended, and so did April's. She wanted to book it back to somewhere she could avoid Mark. The two of them got changed and then went back to their homes. Athena didn't head back to Mer's house; she went to a secret place no one knew she had, an art studio. Athena had always been into painting and art. She always kept it a secret; her smartness had always stood out against her creativeness. Her art studio had been hidden in the heart of Seattle, a tall apartment building. The rent was expensive. She did have a few tricks up her sleeve to pay for the rent: secret bank accounts, credit cards, and a bit of money she had hidden. 

        Athena had a pair of backup heels and clothes in her car. She quickly threw on her 'fancy' sweater with her heels on. She parked her car in front of the many, steep steps leading up to the giant apartment building. Athena fixed her hair in her rear view mirror and stepped out of her car. She walked up the steps. CLICK CLACK! CLICK CLACK! Her heels made a clacking noise has she walked up the steps. She swung the door open and a cheerful voice boomed, "Good morning, Miss Shepherd." Athena let a wave and a smile, "Good morning." She walked past him and walked into the elevator. Her elevator let out a low hum. The elevator doors opened and Athena walked into her studio. She unlocked her studio door and walked in. 

       The fresh smell of paint and homeiness rushed in through her. She felt releived. She kicked off her heels and plopped down her couch. She let out a sigh and got back up. She walked over to giant sliding doors and opened them to reveal a giant window with beams of sunlight. The easels with half painted canvases strewn all over the room. Athena walked in and immediately threw on her apron and threw her hair in a messy bun. She filled up water cups and dunked her brushes into water and the paint. She took a half painted canvas and started to work. She turned on her music. She painted for a good hour or so. Athena rocked out to her favorite albums and songs. Her music was interrupted by the dinging of her call bell. "Alexa, off." The music came to a halt. The same voice from the lobby rang her call bell, "Miss Shepherd, you have some guests, would you like me to send them up." "Bring 'em up," Athena hung up. "Alexa, resume." The music boomed again and she started to paint again. 

      The door lock clicked open and Athena turned to the door, stunned. Athena scrambled to close everything off, her music, her studio. She ripped off her apron and closed her studio doors. "Derek, Amelia, Mer, Cristina, hey," she spoke in a awkward voice. Derek stepped out to her, "Athena, what are you doing? You never come here unless-" he had been interrupted by Mer and Cristina digging through her studio. "Hey!" Cristina had gaped at her artwork, "You did this?" Athena let out a soft chuckle, "I did." Cristina still staring, "I don't know whats better. Your surgcial skills or your art skills." Athena laughed at that, "Such a compliment coming from Cristina Yang." Cristina bowed, as if she just finished with big speech. Amelia had noticed her work and she was surprised. Derek had walked back and forth between the walls. "Ya' know, this place is nice, how did I never knew you had this?" Athena smirked, "Very good at hiding," she winked. 

       The four of them had all sat down on the couch. "You know, I would have never taken you as the person to have a secret studio in the heart of a city," Cristina snorted. "And this nice. I felt homeless walking in. The staircase in the front," Derek chimed in. Athena had rolled her eyes, "Jealous much?" The call bell ringed again, "Miss Shepherd." Athena groaned and got up. "Yes, hello?" "I have someone  here for you." "Name." "Uh, Mark Sloan." Athena had almost choked on her own spit. "Excuse me, I'll be right down." Derek had gotten up off the couch, in a protective brother type of way. "Down Derek. I have a plan." Athena threw on her sweater and heels before going down the hall and knocking on a door. "He's here." The man threw on a coat and walked down with Athena to the elevator. Derek stood at the door agape. 

       The man and Athena had walked off the elevator to meet a Mark Sloan and a redhead. "I wanted to give this to you," Mark reached over and handed Athena a sweatshirt. Athena let out a soft smile, "Mhmm." Athena turned on her heels and walked back up to the elevator, leaving Mark and the redhead alone. Once they reached the elevator, they both start to laugh. They got out on their floor and they walked into her studio. "Incase you were wondering, this is Leo, my neighbor. He comes down with me when Mark comes for a surprise." Derek let a sigh out. Athena whispered over to Leo, "You should probably go now." Athena walked Leo to the door. 

       Derek, Amelia, Cristina, Mer and Athena had spent all day at the studio. The five of them left the building. "Good evening, Miss Shepherd." Athena let out a nod as they exited. "That never gets old," Athena said sighing. Athena went to her car, and drove towards Mer's house again. She drove onto the highway and down the foresty roads. She went up to the door and unlocked the door, throwing the door open. She went up and changed into more comfortable clothes. She dug through the freezer to find some ice cream. She plopped onto the couch, with Mer and Cristina digging into her ice cream. They turned on trashy tv and ate the ice cream. Athena had eventually went up and fell asleep. 

A/N: 

Word Count: 1025

this was a filler chapter cause i have nothing left to write

next chapter we see some baseball!!

excited to write tomorrows chapter

the art studio was a fun thing to create