Runaway

Chapter Ten

Juliet's POV

I was so grateful to be leaving tomorrow. I would get to go home, and sleep in, and then Christmas would come. You may be curious as to why Slughorn had a Christmas party not on Christmas. Well, it was because he is an amazing guy, and doesn't want anyone to miss out. We had the party a week ago, and that was the same night that I told Sirius Orion Black to kiss me. Why did I tell him to kiss me? I have no flipping idea.

I fold up some more of my clothes, and shove them in my trunk. 

"Are you gonna be okay?"

"I'll be fine." I say irritably. "I'm sorry. That sounded mean. I'll be okay, Lil. I promise."

"Okay, but don't do anything you'd regret." She said seriously. Ugh. Sirius. I internally groan. I'll have to see him on the train. "It'll be okay. I'm sure he'll know you don't want to speak to him, and he'll give up."

"Fat chance. Sirius black has never given up on anything in his life." I pause. "Not even me." I say quietly. I felt like bursting into tears again. Lily rubs my back gently, like a sister comforting a sister. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I climb on the large train, and try to find Lily, and, at the same time, trying to avoid the bane of my existence: Sirius Black.

I find an empty compartment, and I slide into it silently. I push my trunk into the overhead, and pull my sketchbook out of my backpack. I'm working on the sketch of a water lily for Lily's birthday. Even though she was allergic to it, Lily's favorite flower was a lily. Crazy, right?

"May I sit here?" A deep voice asks. I know that voice too well. Sirius Black.

"No." I don't even think about looking up from my sketch. 

"Pretty please?" For some reason I wanted to see what he wanted. He was probably going to go all mushy or something, or apologize profusely, and I didn't want to hear it. But at the same time, I did. I didn't respond, and I think Sirius thought it meant he could sit. Because he did.

"Will you forgive me?"

"For?" I don't look up from the water lily.

"Huh?" I look up from my sketch, and stare at him.

"What do you want me to forgive you for, and please be specific. I want to make sure you know why I'm upset." I say angrily

"Everything."

"Cause that's not vague." I say sarcastically. Rolling my eyes. "Sirius. I don't even know why you bother. Please leave." I point out the door, and Lily walks in. She sees Sirius, and her whole face contorts with utter rage.

"Get out of this compartment before I grill your gizzards, and boil your eyeballs." She says angrily. Sirius stands up instantly, and steps out the compartment. He sends me a sad smile, and walks down the hall. "What the heck was that about?" She asks when he's out of hearing range.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"What did he say?"

"I said I don't want to talk about it." I snapped. Her face flashed with fear, and then was replaced with a sad face.

"Fine." She stands up, and exits the compartment, leaving me alone. I turn, and lay down on one of the benches. 

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Regulus asks, I look up, and see Bellatrix, Narcissa, and Regulus black standing in the doorway.