Quidditch Captain

Chapter Six

I shove my transfiguration book in my bag after class.

"Miss Lupin. Will you please come to my office so I can talk to you?" My eyes widen, and I look at Lily. She sends me a concerned glance, before walking out. I step up to Mcgonagalls office.

"Yes, professor?" I ask nervously

"Sit." She says, gesturing to the chair that just appeared in front of her desk. I comply. "I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Yes?"

"Are you trying out for the quidditch team this year?"

"Yes. Why?" I ask quickly

"I was wondering if you'd like to be quidditch captain this year?"

"But-but what about James?! He's an amazing quidditch captain! You can't just kick him to the curb!"

"Mr Potter will remain on the team if you wish it. However, I feel it best to make you the new captain. Between you and me, James' future will be looking up more next year, and I feel like it would be best if we swapped you two out at this point. I know it will be greatly beneficial to Mr Potter in the long-run." She says in one breath "I promise. It would be best if you were his successor."

"Are you sure?" I ask. She smiles.

"Positive."

"Than I'll be captain." I respond

"Glad to hear it." She stands, and shakes my hand "Now, run off, and find your friends. Tell them the good news." She smiles, and sits back down. 

I run outside, and find them sitting under the trees by the black lake.

"Are you okay?" Alice asks, standing up.

"Yeah. Minnie just wanted to talk to me about something." 

"What?" James says, jumping out of the tree. Apparently, Lily and Mary had no idea he was up there, because they were just as surprised as I was. Alice seemed totally calm, and looked at me expectantly.

"She umm- was-umm wondering if I would maybeee be the new *Cough* Quidditch *Cough* Captain."

"Really?!" James shouts. His expression seemed unreadable. "That's great!" He says, running over to me, and smashing me in a hug.

"So... You're not upset?" I ask cautiously

"Of course I'm not upset! I'm so proud of you! But you better keep me on the team." He says the last part sternly, but sarcastically. I smile, knowing that James was happy for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, everyone! Welcome to quidditch tryouts!" They all cheer happily. "Okay, everyone, lets go!" I shout enthusiastically. 

I wrote down in my notebook all of my thoughts and opinions on all of the players. James would fly up every now and then to ask how I was doing, and I would yell at him to get back on the pitch. After quidditch tryouts, I knew exactly who I wanted on the team. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sirius' POV

I walk up to the common room, and see a bunch of people crowding around the bulletin board.

"What's so interesting?" I ask Strix, who was watching all of them with a large grin on her face.

"Go look." She says, biting back a grin. I suddenly hear Marlene Mckinnon scream happily. She runs toward us, and throws her arms around Strix.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you-" She continues this for a while. I walk over to see why she screamed, but it all became clear when I saw the paper. 

Thank you to everyone who tried out, you all did amazing.

1976 Quidditch team

Chasers: James Potter, Thomas Mclaggen, Kate Quist

Beaters: Sirius Black, Jacob Wall

Keeper: Marlene Mckinnon

Seeker: Juliet Lupin

I too, run over to Juliet, and hug her. I pick her up, and spin her around.

"Thank you." She smiles, and hugs me back.

"Well, you were the best one who tried out, so I kind of had to pick you."

"No you didn't. You just wanted to spend more time with me, didn't you?" She rolls her eyes playfully.

"In your dreams, Black." She pulls me closer, Our lips centimeters apart, I exhale slowly, and I lean in to close the distance, but she runs up the stairs to the girls dormitories, not even looking back.

Tease.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know that the quidditch team is not correct. I chose it this way for... reasons.
Happy reading
-Renegade Writer