The Snap

A brilliant white light washed out over the jungle. As it faded, Lumen stared in total shock as Thanos knelt before Thor, a smug smile on his face.

"What did you do?" Thor demanded.

Thanos chuckled and locked eyes with Thor. "You already know."

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Thor roared.

Thanos closed his fist and the Space Stone opened a portal, tugging Thanos out of the jungle before closing. Stormbreaker dislodged from his chest and fell to the ground with a heavy thud. Thor stared at it in total shock.

"Thor, where did he go?" Steve grunted as she shambled over to Thor, his hand guarding his left side.

Thor looked away from the fallen ax and stared at his friend but couldn't find the words. Disbelief had robbed him of his reason.

"Steve," Bucky called out as he stumbled closer to the clearing.

Steve looked over at him and his eyes widened in shock at the sight that met him. Bucky, too, noticed what was happening. He looked down at his hands and stared as his body began to disintegrate. Steve shook his head and ran forward just before Bucky's entire body faded to dust, his machine gun falling to the ground.

"No!" Steve cried out. He stumbled to the ground and grabbed the rifle- the only piece of Bucky that remained as his dust scattered to the wind.

Panther hurried over to Okoye to help her stand. He reached for his general and gave her arm a reassuring squeeze. "Up on your feet, General! This is no place to die."

Okoye stared at her king. Instead of relief, her eyes conveyed horror. Panther's body disintegrated and she fell backward and stared at the air before her, refusing to believe what she was seeing.

Groot propped himself against a fallen tree and reached out to Rocket, his eyes filled with fear. "I am Groot?" he called out fearfully.

Rocket tried to take Groot's hand but could only touch empty air as Groot disappeared. "Oh, no. No, no, no," Rocket cried. He held his hand out as if he was testing the reality of what he'd seen. He fell to his knees and stared at the ground through tear-filled eyes. "You called me...dad," he whispered sadly.

Widow walked closer to the clearing, her eyes taking in the sight of Falcon's disappearing body. Before she could react, Sue suddenly cried out. Widow turned around and stared as Sue held Johnny in her arms, hugging him tightly as his body faded from existence.

"Susie?" Ben cried out as he stumbled toward his friends, his face conveying nothing but pain and shock at the sight of Johnny disappearing.

"Ben," Sue screamed after Johnny was completely gone.

Ben looked down at his hands and began to openly sob as he watched them shift to dust.

"This isn't happening," Widow whispered in shock.

Sue fell to her knees and looked up at Widow. "Where...where?!" she cried out before collapsing in unintelligible sobs.

Widow knelt and pulled Sue close and hugged the screaming woman tight against her.

The snap's influence spread far and wide, reaching every corner of the universe. On Titan, Tony and the others convened and a sense of great defeat gripped each of them. Tony, who was beside himself with despair, barely noticed the others until Mantis suddenly broke the silence.

"Something is happening," she whispered before her entire body faded to dust.

Before anyone could react, Drax faded as well before calling out to Peter Quill.