Chapter 5

When Blaze and his company of twenty-eight arrived at the camp, Blaze spoke briefly to one of the sentries, telling him that he needed to speak to Collin and to tell him that Vulcan had sent them.
    Fifteen minutes later Collin arrived and said, “Welcome, Commander Ignis. I was told that there were only going to be eight of you, not twenty-eight.”
    “I picked up some recruits to be under my command a couple of hours ago,” Blaze replied.
    “Glad to hear,” Collin said looking a little suspicious, “Please dismount and follow me. All of you, please.” Collin led them to a large tent in the middle of the camp. Inside Blaze, Arthur, and Fitch stood around a large table with a map of the camp on it.
    “Where would you like to be placed?” Collin asked.
    “Here looks like a nice place,” Blaze said, pointing to a plateau with enough room for their company.
    “All right there it is,” Collin said, “Also before I forget I’m putting an elf and two dwarves under your command as well. I think that you will find their personality fits you and your company’s well.”
    Calling in a guard he told him to take Blaze and his company to their campsite, then retrieve the elf and dwarves.
    When they arrived at their campsite, there were some soldiers bringing tents for them. Blaze and his company then began setting the tents up. They set the tents up in a rectangle shape--five tents long by three tents wide. Then Horace made a long narrow fire pit in the middle.
    After they finished setting up the campsite, the elf and two dwarves arrived.
    “Hi, my name is Firolon. I’m the elf that has been assigned to your company,” said the elf.
    “Hi. I’m Avana and this is Argin,” said the female dwarf.
    “Hi. I’m Blaze and this is my group--Alice, Winter, Horace,” Blaze said pointing to everyone in turn, “and this is our group of spies that has accompanied us. Last but not least we have our soldiers whom we picked up today on the way here.”
    “Good to meet everyone. I only have one question. Where will we be sleeping?” Firolon asked.
    “You will be sleeping in those two tents on the far side,” Blaze replied.
    “Thank you, Commander Ignis,” Firolon said. Firolon picked up his bag and walked into one of the tents on the far side of the clearing. Argin and Avana walked into another tent, holding hands.
    After the elf and dwarves went to their tents, Blaze said, “Everyone get settled in and meet back out here in one hour.” Blaze and Winter walked into their tent and unpacked their bags. They laid out their weapons and inspected them along with the weapons that they had from the soldiers in the inn. After inspecting them and cleaning them, they went out to arm their new soldiers.
    Once outside of the tent they had their new soldiers go to the armory and get some armor. When they returned, Blaze gave some of them swords from the soldiers that had been killed in the inn. The rest were told to go back to the armory and get fitted for weapons. Blaze and his seven friends along with Fitch and his first four all had horses. They went into a nearby forest for some firewood and some wood to make into post. Once they finished chopping up wood and making post they went and made a fire. Then they took care of their horses.
    When they were done they came back, they found Firolon and Avana making food.
    “Horace and Blaze will you two go and chop down some logs for seating?” Avana asked, “Argin go with them.”
    “Okay,” Argin replied.
    A few minutes later Horace, Blaze, and Argin came back carrying a couple of large logs. Once  the logs were in place dinner was done. everyone sat down and had a large helping the stew that Firolon and Avana made.
    After dinner everyone went to bed to get some rest for their big day of training.