Chapter 13

In the morning when Ezra wakes up he can hear his dad snoring. He says to his dad, "DADDY WAKE UP!"

"Blaze jumps up and says, "What's wrong?"

"You were snoring and it was annoying me." Looking at Ezra, Blaze starts to laugh. Then they got up and went downstairs to get some breakfast.

Once downstairs they found that Margaret had already started making food.

"Well aren't you two up early?" she told them when they walked in.

"Daddy was snoring really loudly and woke me up," Ezra told her matter of factly. Blaze and Margaret both start laughing.

"Well, here's some breakfast," she says, handing Ezra a plate of food with bacon and eggs and a piece of bread.

After breakfast Winter took Ezra outside to teach him how to heal people with water. It took a lot of pain but after only a couple of hours he was able to heal minor injuries. After that he played outside for a little while. He climbed trees and played in the stream nearby. When he was done Winter laughed at how dirty he had gotten and took him inside to bathe and then laid him down to take a nap.

While Ezra was upstairs sleeping Blaze started to talk to Winter about him getting a job.

"You know the money that we have now will only last for so long," Blaze said.

"Yeah but where will you find work and will that cause us to have to move? I know the war is still going on but the army can't afford to keep paying us while we sit on the sidelines. And I don't want Ezra to be apart of this war but we have to stay close for when the time comes and we end this war " Winter responded.

"I don't know?" Blaze answered truthfully.

A little after lunch Alice arrived back with Horace. Ezra saw Horace and ran down the stairs. When Horace came in Ezra flew into his arms. Then he began to tell the whole story from his point of view which included him fighting off like five thugs at once. Horace acted so surprised and had very animated expressions as Ezra told the story.

When Eza was done Horace asked Margret, "Do you have any food I could eat? I'm starving." She disappeared to the kitchen and moments later reappeared with a plate of steamy hot food and handed it to Horace. He dug in enthusiastically, cleaning the plate in less than five minutes.

'Did you even taste the food?' Blaze laughed. Horace nodded as he leaned back in his chair satisfied. Everyone engaged in small talk for awhile, passing the time.

Just before sundown three people in brown hooded cloaks said that they were here to see GoVad. Then GoVad and the three people went outside.

Once they were out of earshot Alice told her group what was about to happen. A few minutes after Alice finished explaining they heard screaming. They jumped up and ran outside. They saw GoVad and his group being overrun by the amount of people. Ezra, who had snuck off and hid behind a small bush, shot a ball of fire into the crowd that curved in front of GoVad and his group, pushing the criminals back. This just made them mad and some of them started to go after Ezra.

The battle ended then and there.

Winter's eyes turned deep ocean blue, Blaze's eyes turned deep red, and Alice's eyes turned pure white. Storm clouds began to gather and thunder boomed, magma rose from the earth's core and shot up in giant geysers, rain turned into needles of ice and rained down upon the criminals.

Then Horace's eyes turned green and brown.

Off in the distance, about a mile away, mountains started to crumble and the pieces flew towards them; the first ones surrounded Ezra making a shell around him and the rest impaled themselves into criminals.

Then the four Elemental Fighter kings and queens, with their eyes still glowing, ran over to Ezra and encircled him daring anyone to try and attack them. They heard a roar of people in the distance and turned and saw an army bearing the crest of the criminal syndicate marching towards them. The four friends looked at each other and nodded, eyes still glowing. No one touched Ezra.

Alice and Blaze shot themselves into the air and landed in the center of the army creating craters sending their enemies flying. Winter used the water in the stream and in all the plants to make spears that she used to impale her enemies. Horace stood in front of Ezra not letting anyone past him. He had massive boulders flying above his head smashing any enemy that got close.

The next morning when Ezra woke up he told everyone that his head hurt and that his family was awesome.