Chapter 11

After a few weeks masses of people came to the compounds. After there was a substantial amount of people in each compound the new rulers decided that it was time to go back to the camp. They left the compounds in the hands of a select few. The few that were left in charge along with the guardians of the compounds were told that they would be summoned when the final battle was to come.

When they got to the camp they discovered that it had started turning into a permanent settlement and the army had been moved forward.

When they found Collin, Blaze asked him, "What is going on here?"

"Well, since your village is here now, we are going to set up a permanent settlement here and move the army further East. You now have a house to share with you and your group. There are two separate apartments. I'll take you there now," replied Collin.

Following Collin through the rows of newly made homes, they looked up at the houses in awe.

"How did you make all of these houses so quickly?" Horace asked.

"Well, the earth-users that came from your village helped build many of the houses and water-users were very helpful in providing water to our newly founded village."

"Thank you for giving us a place to live, Collin. You have been very kind to us all," Blaze said. He shook Collins hand and went inside his new house.

Once inside he took a look around and found the house to be fully furnished. He hung up his weapons and with Winter in tow they went to get their child from their parents.

////////////////

After a couple years Ezra grew up and was now five. He had developed and honed his elemental power. One day when Winter and Ezra were out shopping for food they were pulled into an alley by a group of men.

One said, "This should be easy, then we'll go for the others. Kill them!"

Once he said that Winter said, "Oh hell no, Ezra run." She pulled out some knives and began to fend off the men trying to block their path so Ezra could escape. A few got past Winter and started to chase Ezra. She whipped around and encased her son in a ball of ice to protect him and shot him into the center of the square. She then threw a knife at the attacker that was sneaking up behind her and got him right in the gut. Unfortunately she was too slow and another guy hit her over the head with a club knocking her out.

////////////////

Having a vision, an old man saw a young elemental fighter mother and her child being attacked. Then the mother was knocked unconscious and the child was defenseless. Running out of his home he blew a whistle and summoned Alicorn. After jumping on her back he flew as fast as Alicorn could carry him and was over the alley just in time to see the child shoot across the market square. Jumping off of Alicorn's back he landed right behind one of the thugs who was just about to drive his sword through Winter's chest. The thug never heard the old man coming but instead saw the old man's sword protruding through his chest.

Most turned and ran but a few stayed to fight. Those who stayed died almost instantly as the old man threw his knives and they met flesh with a loud thud. After looking and seeing that the child had melted through the ice and was running at him with one arm on fire and the other a spear made of ice easily he out maneuvered the child and picked him up. He then grabbed Winter and put her and Ezra on Alicorn's back. Then he climbed back onto Alicorn's back and rode home.