Chapter Twenty Seven

"Em! Please! It's me, Luke! Your younger brother!" Luke cried frantically, his eyes darting around with fear. I noticed he was avoiding eye contact. Smart kid. How did he even know these things?

"She can't understand you!" I called. Em whirled around, now aware of my presence. She looked confused.
"There are two of you?" She asked. She pulled her second sword from Luke's stomach and threw it at me. I teleported away right before it slammed into my heart.

I teleported in front of Em and ripped the other sword away. I pulled the other sword out of the wall. She was now unarmed and outnumbered, but of course, we didn't come here to fight. I dropped the two swords and held my hands up in surrender. She stared at me, puzzled.

"Hey!" I whirled around. Camilia ran up to Luke's side. She gently touched the wound and it slowly began to heal. She stood up and turned to Em.
"And what do you think you're doing?"
"T...that's the monster that attacked the king." Em said, pointing at Luke, her voice wavering.

"No. Actually, he did." Camilia said, pointing at me.
"Hey! I couldn't help it! You try getting mad at everyone because they looked you in the eyes!" I protested. Em stared at me.
"Is... is it talking to you?" She stuttered. Camilia nodded.
"And you understand it?" She asked. Camilia nodded again.

"I would prefer not to be called an "it" I huffed. Luke stood up and brushed himself off. Camilia took a deep breath.
"I don't know how to tell you this, Em, but, you know your brother who went missing?"
Em nodded, a pained look on her face.
"Well, he's back. Luke," Camilia said, glancing at him.

Em followed her gaze.
"What?!?" She choked. Her eyes were filled with tears. "Luke?" Em asked. Luke nodded. Em threw her arms around him. He stood stiff. She let go and looked at him.
"What happened?" She asked Camilia.
"Long story, actually." She took a deep breath.

"HerobrinewasmakinganarmyandhewasusingpeopletodoitandhekidnappedyourbrotherandturnedhimintoanEndermanandHeradefeatedHerobrinebutsacrificesherselfandnowwearetakingallthepeopleHerobrineturnedtosaygoodbyetotheirfamiliesand-" She paused and took a deep breath. "alltheEndermenarebeingsenttotheEndandtheycanstillteleportoutandleavesoLukewillstillbeabletovisityouand-"

"I think that's enough, Camilia." I interrupted. "Give her some time to process it all. Seriously, I could barely understand a word you said."
Camilia sighed. "Luke has to go now." She told Em.
"Now?" Em sighed, her eyes full of tears. She hugged her brother and told him goodbye.

I sighed. This was disastrous. If only there was some way to turn everyone back, but Herobrine was the only capable of doing that, and he was gone. We teleported back to the portal and Luke walked through.
"Ok. You can shut the portal now." I said. Camilia stared at me expectedly.
"What?"

"You too."
"What? No way!"
"You have to. You've had too many close calls. Plus, you have to help the others. I don't want anything happening to you."
"What about you?"
"I'll be fine. I'm Queen now."
"B...but-"
My protest was cut off as she pulled me close and gave me a long kiss.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think? End it here? Keep going? Please comment and tell me!