𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

"Morning mom, are you feeling okay today?" you ask while walking into the kitchen. "I'm okay. I should be asking you that, how was your time with Gojou?"

You nod, turning the water on. "It was good," you say, not wanting to say anything about your dad. It was a touchy topic, and you didn't even know how to tell her without saying anything about Gojou anyway.

After washing your hands, you dried them off and headed to the fridge to grab some tea.

It was going to be difficult to stay silent. "Have you checked the mail today?" you ask, pouring some fresh tea, occasionally glancing at the woman. "Uh, not yet. I only just got out of bed not too long. Are you sure you're okay? You've been weird these past couple of days," she says and you almost spill the tea, before playing it cool.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" now you felt like lying to your mother. At the moment you felt okay or was it just an act for her? "I don't know. Just making sure," your mother went to put her coat on, but you stopped her. "Wait, don't go. I'll go check it that way you don't have to,"

If anything were to happen out there, you'd never forgive yourself for allowing her to go. So, just to be safe, you stepped outside leaving her confused. Hurrying, you went and checked the mail. There was nothing, so you headed back inside.

"Nothing?" your mother asks and you shake your head, locking the door and as soon as you turned around, there was a knock. Your pulse quickened. Who could it be? Gojou would have told you beforehand he was coming or notified you if it was Kiyotaka or Nanami.

Your mother noticed how tensed up you had gotten. "Honey, you're not okay. Who's here? Did you and Gojou fight-"

"Mom, please go to the room," you held your finger up, signaling for her to hush. You felt that maybe you were overreacting a bit, but you just didn't have a good feeling about this at all. It scared you. Her mouth opened but you shot her a look. Backing away, she slowly disappeared before there was another knock on the door. If only Gojou had left you with a gun. Unlocking the door, you slowly opened it, ready for whatever was about to happen. "Dad..." he pushes you to the side and steps in. "Shocked to see me again?" he smiles, taking a look around the house.

You didn't even have your phone either, so you couldn't tell Gojou. "It's just me, don't worry," he states before turning to face you. "Why are you here? I thought you wanted nothing to do with us," you tried to put on a brave face, but he could see right through you.

After all, you are his daughter. "Where'd your mother go? I know she's not dead and I heard you talking to somebody. Also, nice place you got here. Satoru must be treating you well,"

"He is, better than any man before him," that was directed toward him and you knew he would know that. "Is that so? You hate me, huh?"

You didn't hate him. How could you? Despite everything. "Oh my god," you look over, seeing as your mother stood in the hallway. "Mom," you say and your dad pulls out a gun as he looks at her, pointing it at your mother, which made you freeze.

Her eyes widened. "Break up with Satoru Gojou, Y/n," he moves away from you slowly, making his way over to her. "No. You don't get to barge in here and tell me what to do with my life. Especially after leaving,"

"This isn't a game, you don't know what you've gotten yourself into," your father takes in your mother's beauty, noticing how she wasn't sick anymore. She was better. Healthier looking. "Gojou is a great man," despite having a gun pointed at her face, your mother wasn't afraid. "you're not gonna shoot me."

He laughs softly, his hand moving down and away from her. "I take it you have no idea about Gojou, hm? Y/n told you about him, but not enough to know who he truly is. Rival head mafia leader. That's who he is. And he's going to get her killed,"

Oh god, it was out. She knows. You wanted to break down but now wasn't the time. She would never be able to look at him the same because of this. "Do you want our daughter to die?"

"My daughter," your mother spat angrily. "It takes two to tango," he adds, staring her in the eye before turning and glancing over at you. "I didn't want to come here, but I had no other choice. Y/n, you know what kind of man he is. If you don't break up with him now, you'll die or he'll die, you don't want that, do you?" you stare at him.

"I'm sorry mom," you say, glancing at her. "but I love him. And he loves me. I don't care. I refuse. I'm not going to listen to a man who walked out of my life years ago. You lost the right to tell me what to do, not only that I'm an adult. I can do what I please."

He sighs. "You're being stubborn. He's gotten into your head," leaving your mother's side, he begins to walk over to you. For the brief second that you look into his eyes, you saw sadness. "He's made me happy. And he takes care of me. Of us. I never asked him to do anything extreme for me, yet he did it anyway. Because he loves me. Gojou would kill for me. Would you?"

Stepping closer, he swallows hard. It was almost as if he had frozen still right there at that moment. Standing still, feeling weak as he searched his mind for an answer. Would he? Would he do that for you? Yes. He would. Despite leaving and not caring, you were his daughter. "If that means killing Gojou, then yes,"

"I have my answer. I know what to do now. The next time we see each other..."

"There will be no next time," you tell him bluntly and he nods after a bit. "Goodbye," he says, heading to the door and disappearing down the pathway. Your mother notices the look on your face and you felt sick to be around her. What was she even thinking of you? "Come here, I know what it's like," she says, walking over and holding you in her arms.

-

hope you enjoyed this chapter. 13 chapters remaining. get ready for major angst. just another warning, there will be mention of blood. there will be death. there will be angst.

new cover as well! volume 9 came in today! but I can't read it yet, cause I have to wait on volume 8 and read that first.

don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! feedback appreciated