Chapter 11

Laura Conti's POV

"Oh my God, Lucca, how long has it been? 3 years and now you decided to show up. I have missed you all those months," the blonde said as she was stroking Lucca's chest up and down with her long, red fingernail.

Oh, how much I want to use it to claw her eyeballs out.

"Lucia, please behave. It is inappropriate. I would like you to meet my fiancée, Laura Conti. Laura, this is Lucia Ricci, daughter of my business partner," Lucca said as Lucia was throwing some dagger at me as soon as Lucca said the word 'fiancée'.

"Oh, so you're the person that took Lucca's heart away. Very timid for someone like you. You're not even Lucca's type," she said as she crossed her hands in front of her chest.

Instantly, I hated her with all my gut.

"And what would my type be then, Lucia?" Lucca's authority voice filled in the void. Lucia cleared her throat before Aunt Amara came into the living room.

"Ah, there you are, Lucia. I was looking all over for you. I was wondering if you could help me in the kitchen, please," she said before eyeing me.

"Sure, Aunt. I can help you," Lucia said before they all went out of the living room.

"We'll be having dinner in a moment," Uncle Lorenzo said before my stomach growled. I blushed. He chuckled.

"Lucca, why don't you show her the house first and you can come to the dining hall afterward?" He said before Lucca nodded.

"Can I come too?" Talia asked but Lucca gave a sign that made her retreat. Talia and Uncle Lorenzo left to go into the kitchen.

"Well, that's nice," he commented that making me shoot a dagger and look at him. He just chuckled.

"Okay, so here's the living room" Lucca gestured around. They have a fireplace and a set of sofas that were placed near it. They have some bookshelves with some antique books that were looking like they were the first edition.

Then they have family portraits that stretch out to the beginning of their family tree and I found it sentimental that they keep them to remind themselves who they were. I wished my family would have done the same.

Then, we moved to the next location upstairs. There were some bedrooms along the long, huge hallway and a family space room. There was also an attic upstairs but Lucca did not show its interior before we went to the garden outside.

It has a variety of flowers and plants and it was very nice that they kept it nice and clean. As Lucca described it, it was his mother's favorite place.

"Come, I want you to see something," he said before dragging me toward the second floor of the mansion. We went inside a room that looked so cozy and familiar to me. Its wall was dark but it gave a calm vibe.

The king bed was situated at the center of the room with each door at its side. One was for the bathroom and one was for the walk-in closet. Then there was a TV on the wall that was facing the bed. It has a lounge at the end of the bed and the shopping bag that Lucca brought for me was on it.

"What's this?" I said as I went to the drawer that has a whole collection of pictures. There he was when he graduated elementary, middle, and high school. There was also a picture of him smiling at the camera when he received his degree back in the States. But there was one old photo that was a girl smiling so cheerfully and brightly at the camera when she was about 5 years old. Then, I realized that photo was me when there were freckles on her face.

"Why do you keep this old thing?" I said as I took the picture and admired it. I smiled.

"Just for fun, I guess," Lucca said as he leaned on the bedpost. I smiled at him before looking at the photo again. It has been years since this photo was taken and still, he had it on display. I heard a shuffle behind me and Lucca took the photo from my hand and put it back where it belonged.