Chapter 27

Laura Conti's POV

I was sleeping one night with Lucca by my side. He was looking like an angel when he was sleeping soundly. I looked at him because I can't sleep that night. I wanted to play with his nose as I tried to reach out, but he grunted in his sleep.

I thought he was having a nightmare when he was looking for something. I went to reach into his hands before he pulled me closer and he hugged me as if he was afraid that I might disappear from his arms. I just let it be because the next thing I knew, I was asleep as well.

The morning after that night, my eyes were greeted by the sunlight that came into the bedroom and there was a note that said, Come to the kitchen, L.

I smiled at the thought of Lucca writing this note, especially for me. I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. As I was happy with my appearance, I went to the kitchen. How surprising when I knew that Lucca did something in the kitchen and he did as he wore an apron and was cooking breakfast.

"Ah, you're awake. Come, let's have some breakfast," he said like it was no big deal. I looked at the table and it was filled with food. Chicken Saltimbocca was one of the menus for breakfast.

"I did not know you can cook, well, this much," I said as I took a seat as Lucca offered to pull out my chair. He opened the plate and served me my favorite food.

"Well, I tried. I have some help too," he said before he went to take a seat beside me. I was so enticed by the smell of the food as I waited for him to put it on his plate. My stomach growled at the sight.

"It's okay, you can eat first," he said as he was scooping some Chicken Saltimbocca as well.

"No, we need to eat together," I said firmly. I poured some tea into 2 cups and handed one to Lucca. He thanked me before we started eating. We were digging in until Lucca wanted to break the ice.

"So, I was thinking," he began. I looked up from my plate and looked at him. I urged him to continue as I was eating. He put down his fork and knife and put his hands under his chin.

"I was thinking that we go out this evening," he said as he looked at me for an answer. I was so excited at the thought but I don't want to show it to Lucca even though I knew he knew how I would react to the news.

"Yeah, sure. Where do you want to go?" I said as I tried to keep a straight face. I looked at Lucca as he was looking at me intently.

"What?" I asked him, arching my eyebrow. He shook his head before we started eating again.

"So, I was thinking we might go to Finale Lìgure for a weekend getaway. What do you think?" He said as he looked at me. I was excited about the trip as I never had a chance to go anywhere since my mother died.

I shook my head as I looked at him. He nodded before he picked up his phone and called somebody to arrange our gateway. I can't wait to see the beach.

After lunch, we were set to get out of Milan and to Finale Lìgure. Lucca put all our suitcases in the trunk of his black Lamborghini and opened the passenger's seat for me. I thanked him before getting into the car. Lucca closed the door and went to the driver's seat before he started the car and drove off from the garage.

The drive was 2 hour and a half journey from Milan to the beach. It was exhausting as we did make a quick pit stop along the way for gas and bathroom breaks. When we already arrived at the beach, it was already sunset.

We stopped beside the beach for a while as Lucca got off from the driver's seat. He went to my side and opened the door for me. He offered his hand as I took it to get out of the car. We went to the side of the parking lot and took in the breathtaking sunset view.

"What an amazing place," I said as I tucked my hair behind my ear. I smiled at the horizon that I saw in front of me.

"Yes, it is," Lucca said as I felt his eyes on me. I blushed before clearing my throat.

"We should head to the hotel. It's getting darker now," I said as I tried to get out of that awkward moment, well, at least for me.

"Why? You like sunset, remember?" Lucca said as he went to pull me into his arm. I shrunk his hug as he put his hands in front of my flat belly. His hands just stay there but the butterflies in my stomach were acting up. I gulped as I don't think I can control myself if he continued to be this sweet gentleman with me.

"You smell nice," he said as he was nuzzling my hair. "I like it," he said as he nuzzles my neck. I made a mental note to use Herbal Essence Honey shampoo and conditioner as his favorite smell.

"Lucca, we should get going," I said as I played with his hair. "I want to use the restroom," I said shyly. Lucca just laughed after he heard me.

"Okay, Dolcezza, next time we can watch this again. It's not like the world will end tomorrow," he said before pulling me toward the car and driving off from the beach to our hotel.

To say the least about our hotel, it was quaint but bearable. I thought it might be too glamorous to be in the big hotel but of course, no one can order Lucca Giovanni around. He was in his world and he's the Alpha.

"Lucca, are we going to stay here?" I asked him when he parked the car in front of the luxurious Hotel del Golfo. I was amazed by its liveliness. It scared but also excited me to have some alone time with Lucca.

"What? Don't you like it?" He asked me as he looked at me. I bit my lower lips as I looked at the crowded place. I needed to be brave and use my seduction to get what I wanted. I have been learning things since I was kidnapped from Lucia that got to my brother's head.

"Can we go somewhere quiet, with fewer people around us?" I whispered into his left ear as I put my hand on his thigh. "I'm afraid that people would hear me, you know, when we were alone," I hushed him as my hand went up to his chest. I stayed there for a bit before continuing,

"You don't want people to hear me, don't you? Cause you hate sharing," I said before taking his face and claiming his lips. I can feel that he was tense because he was shocked at my forwardness as well as he wasn't prepared for a kiss.

He grunted before pulling me onto his lap. I straddled him as I kept kissing him. His hands have roamed my body but I don't care. I don't give a fuck about what people might see. Thank goodness his window was tinted.

"Laura, mi amore, I can't think if you keep doing this to me," he said when he broke the kiss.

"Then, choose somewhere private if you want it to continue," I said as I looked at him with mischief in my eyes. Lucca's slate orbs were filled with laughter and mischief at my demand. I played with the collar of his shirt as he tried to get his phone when he was busy nuzzling my neck.

"Dios! Where is that stupid thing?" He said as he was searching for his phone.

"You mean, this?" I said as I was holding his phone. He smirked at me before trying to take it from my hand but I put it even higher and was waving it around, trying to avoid his hand.

"Just...give...give me...give me the phone, Laura," he said as he tried to take it. I laughed at him before I stopped him with my hands on both sides of his face. My chest was heaving after our little play and we were looking at each other, hard. I tried to calm my nerve because I have something important to tell him.

"Lucca..." I said as I looked at him with seriousness. He looked at me confused before I said the 3 words that I never said before.

"I love you," I said, breathless. He was stunned before he tried to conceal it. He caressed my arms before he tried to kiss me. I avoided it. I sighed at him.

"What?" He said innocently. I rolled my eyes before I went to my seat and got out of the car. I ran away from the car into the building and asked the receptionist if I can use the toilet. I went inside and closed the door before locking it. My back hit the door before I took a deep breath and tears just rolled down my eyes.