Chapter 39

Laura Conti's POV

It has been a few months since my marriage to Lucca Giovanni, my childhood friend and I was two weeks pregnant. Not that I was not thrilled to have our baby but I think it was too fast for us to have one. But I will not tell Lucca that because he was excited about it.

"Laura, cara mia, are you ready?" Lucca asked as he just got off from the living room I was staring at myself at the vanity, putting my stud earrings onto my ears.

"Here, let me help you," he said as he went to take my stud earring and put it on my left ear.

"There, all better now," he said as he was looking at us. Our reflections in the mirror. I smiled weakly at him as he was looking at me with concern.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked as he turned to look at my face. I was looking into his slate orbs, the ones that I have been waking up to every morning and it warmed my heart when he looked at me with all his love. I sighed as I was trying to control my nerves.

"It's nothing. Maybe the anxiety, I guess," I said as I was tucking my hair behind my ear. Lucca took my chin as he stared at my face. I did the same before he kissed me on the lips. I let him explore my mouth as I was opening my mouth for his tongue to enter.

"We don't have to do this if you don't want to," he said as he was looking at me. I smiled at him before I shook my head.

"No, it's fine. I'm sure one night out could not harm me," I said as I was taking his offered hand as stood up in front of him. Lucca stared at me before I laughed at him.

"Seriously, I'm fine. The baby is fine. I'm sure we can manage tonight," I said as we were walking out of the mansion that we have been staying in for the duration of our marriage. Maybe after the little ones arrived, we will be moving to a different house, or in this case, an estate that would fit for the heir of Giovanni Empire.

But that's for later. Right now I wanted to enjoy my company with Lucca.

We went to the front door as Lucca was holding the door for me. I smiled at him before he closed the door and locked it. I took his arms and we walked down the foyer as the chilly night breeze was hitting my skin.

"Have you told your mum?" I asked him as he turned to look at me.

"About what?"

"About this," I said as I was rubbing my still flat stomach. He laughed before he was shaking his head.

"We don't have to report everything to my mother. And besides, you're mine. I will not tolerate any sharing," he said as we walked to the side before we were making to the waiting car. Lucca pushed me to the walls before he smirked at me. I was looking at his slate orbs and I smirked as well.

"We hardly begin our date and you want to touch me now, Mr. Giovanni? In public space as well," I purred at him as I was caressing his chest. He laughed darkly before he stared into my violet eyes.

"Well, what can I say? I have a very insatiable appetite for my bride. And now that she is carrying my child, I have to be more protective of her with every male's eyes on her when we're out in public," he said as he was caressing my side.

My south mouth was thirsty for some action but I have to wait until this dinner was through. I have been looking forward to this alone time with him. I smiled at him before I perked his lips.

"Well, I can assure you, Mr. Giovanni, that your bride will be willing to serve your needs, after the night out that you planned for her," I said as I heard him groan as he was nuzzling my neck.

"Why do I agree to that night out?"

"Because you love me, of course," I said before Lucca was looking at my face again.