3.

((A/N: I changed 'Christina' to 'Gemma' cause idk seemed more appropriate obviously but YEAH LOL OKAY ENJOY))

///

"WHAT?! I m-mean what the hell, you're talking shit, Selena," I shook my head furrowing my eyebrows at her as I stood up and paced around the room convincing myself that Selena's words were nothing but nonsense. Which they were so why did I even bother? "There's no way in fucking hell that he would even be close to stepping his way here. Fuck, are you crazy? I think you need a fucking doctor because he is far and long gone f-from..." I stutter, "...from me. He will never come back, and I'm sure as hell ok with that."

I may have been a bit too harsh, but she should've seen in coming. There's no reason for her not to.

"If you think I'm joking, then come here and look for yourself," she took the leather diary and fumbled through the pages.

I huffed in an annoying manner and towered over the pages looking down at what she was trying to prove. She reached a page with a bunch of writing which made my head throb immensely, but curiosity, which wasn't really curiosity, got the best of me.

She turned back at me, causing me to look at her. I would be lying if I didn't glance at her lips once in a couple moments as she spoke; "You know how he said he'd gone to England to see his mom...because she was sick, right?"

"Yeah, but he's a fucking liar-" I scoff in disbelief. She better not be taking sides.

"Niall! Just please, try to focus on this," she said, pulling my arm down to sit next to her, causing me to give her a glare and rub my arm. I rolled my eyes and directed my attention to her, really only because I could get a better view of my friend. We'll just keep it as friend for now. As I looked almost into her, I could see her eyes, ones that I'm yet debating if it would be a good idea to fall for, scan the page before she points to an entry on the bottom of the page. "Read this."

I laughed, causing her to pinch my arm, making me squeal and jump.

"Damn, no need to be touchy," I wiggle my eyebrows at her as her face decides not to move a muscle. Huffing, I finally give in. "God, fine, fine." My eyes tiredly scan the page, exaggerating a yawn before my eye decides to pay close attention to something particular. "Wait..." I close my eyes, and rub them before I open them, realizing that I wasn't dreaming or that my mind was playing tricks on me. "That's...that's todays date. Is this some kind of sick joke? You're fooling around with me when it's not even April Fools, come on Selena, that's so cheap and it's obviously your...your handwriting, like re-"

"Niall! Will you just stop? Just let me finish, and really bro, that's not my handwriting. It's obviously his." Bro. Ouch. My face slightly sunk into my own embarrassment. Just one word, and I'm silent. Hey, what can I say? Being hurt isn't something I'm not used to.

"He went to England for something else. Not for his mom, his mom died two years ago."

"I knew that fucker was up to something-" My words slip out faster than my thoughts and scoff before she cuts me off.

"NIALL! What did I say about trying to focus on what's more important! Seriously, I understand how much u hate him, but you just need to really focus on this. It's pretty serious. Don't you wanna know why he even left you?"

"I'd rather die," I mumble, "...and you even know that, so stop making up shit in front of my own face." I would be wrong if I said I wasn't pissed. First calling me bro and now she's being annoying and talking about that idiot. I have every reason to throw myself off a cliff than to listen to her voice, which I enjoyed moments ago.