9.

*not edited*

a/n: I highly recommend listening to the music attached above which lets you listen to the music while you're reading to get you more in the mood idek but do it I dare you ;) Plus this song has a part in this chapter soooooooo enjoy .x

***

Niall's POV:

I stepped into the loud building, music beating through my ears as I felt the painful vibrations piercing through my heart as I passed the big speakers to reach the bar. After walking out on the one person for whom I felt nothing but broken for, I needed to take my mind off of it before I become the most destructed person on this earth.

I needed to get his face out of my head.

His touch, his voice.

Just...all of it.

I leaned over the bar, running my fingers through my quiff a bit frantically, and waiting for everything I just saw, to disappear.

"Give me your strongest, please. And fucking quick, will ya?" my fingers continued to quickly tap the counter before she brought out the bottle and a small cup, but before she could pour it in the cup, I grabbed the bottle by the neck.

Screw the cup.

I needed to forget now.

And when I said now, I sure as hell meant it.

I squeezed my eyes shut, letting my throat loose to feel the poison bleed down my throat like sandy silk.

As I detached my lips from the bottle to take a slight breath, I felt a little more at ease, which is why I thanked God himself for alcohol; the irony, I know.

That was until I slightly turned my head and saw a curly, long patch of hair walk into the same door I had walked into just a couple minutes ago, as I finished my some-number bottle. I don't remember.

"Fuck, no," I cursed under my breath, groaning.

I wasn't drunk enough for this yet.

Did he fucking follow me here? I thought. The rim of the bottle was still attached to my lips as I gulped it all down in one swing. Thankfully, I could feel the sting down my throat as I slowly adjusted to a faint state. Even though I was a few feet away from where the bartender stood, I couldn't help but have my eyes follow as he walked sulkily to the bar, looking as if everyone in his family had just died.

Did I do that to him?

Was he really that affected?

Clearly he doesn't know how it feels to be abandoned from the man who gave you a reason to live for three whole shitty years.

Thankfully he didn't seem to take much notice of me.

I was leaned back on the counter, my elbow resting back on the surface, keeping my eyes on him. I slowly eyed his body up unintentionally, the strong alcohol stirring in my blood and taking over my senses one cell to another.

He had grown much more muscular, his hair was up to his shoulder, with a mini yet tall quiff at the front. I bit my lip, cocking my head lazily, squinting my eyes lightly to take in more of his body structure. I even noticed some new tattoos on his left arm, taking noticed of a naked mermaid lady on his forearm.

What in the world was that supposed to be?

I shrugged taking in another swing of poison looking at how muscular his arm had gotten.