𝟒 | 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐢𝐞𝐬

{A Week Later ~ At the Senju Estate}

*******************

Punching the air repeatedly over and over, with the air skimming my fists while doing so. Then soon I change to a sharper uppercut, before striking to the side. Repeating these steps, I try to find ways to make my moves more faster and quick. With big brother Shiro off on a mission, it was hard by myself without having another ninja helping me.

"Good Morning Kimi," I hear a warm mellow voice greet me, making me pause mid way.

Dropping my fists I turn to see Kurenai-Sensei walking through my backyard gate, making me slightly surprised to see her.

"Good Morning Kurenai-Sensei......can I help you with anything, a green tea perhaps?" I offer, even though I wasn't entirely sure why she was here in the first place.

"That would be lovely," She smiles warmly, as I gesture for her to sit on the engawa while I started to prepare some tea.

Why would she be here this early? She never comes over, unless.....it's something besides a small mission.

Shaking myself out of my own thoughts I pour the already boiled water into a cup, mixed with green tea stirring it gently. Once finished I brought the tea down and carefully placed it on the engawa beside Kurenai-Sensei, before sitting down joining her.

"Thank you Kimi," She hums softly, before taking her cup holding the bottom carefully.

Curiosity got the best of me, making me turn to her after fiddling with my fingers nervously.

"So.......what's this occasion you've come over?" I ask her softly, seeing her place her tea against her lap.

Her eyes lift up to the morning sky, "Well.......I wanted to see you personally, just want to know my student better," She replies honestly, hearing the sincerity lacing her mellow voice.

She kinda reminds me of my own mother, but.....I forgot what my own mother's voice sounded.

Looking away swinging my legs on the side, "I see....."

"I can see....so much potential in you," She comments, making me lift my head up.

Blinking a few times, I was confused.

"H-How? I'm not nearly near my brother's level?" I ask her, when she softly sends me a smile.

Gasping softly with her kind gesture.

"Everyone learns at different times, everyone has different IQ's too," She adds, before sipping her tea quietly before pulling away. "Everyone has important skills, not everyone has all types. Such as Sensory, IQ levels, Mind transfers, intelligence, fusing, being tactical, strength, using your mind and body........those things...."

"And our team is sensory, right?" I assume, nodding in response she smiles.

"I've heard Lord Second was a very powerful sensory shinobi," She states, making me smile weakly.

Taking a small cup of warm tea I drank it slowly, "But.....I will never be good like him," I spoke lowly, disappointed in myself.

She turns to me, tilting her head in curiosity.

"What do you mean?"

Sighing deeply I lightly run my fingertip around the rim of my cup, "Well......I was never born with talent straight away like my big brother, I worked day and night......and yet..."

"And yet you are still progressing," She connects with me, as my eyes widen. "If you work hard with your talent, I'm sure you will become naturally talented by learning from scratch.......it's hard but it's worth it in the end."