𝟗 | 𝐆𝐚𝐚𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡

{Next Day:.....}

************

Jumping branch to branch we continued on our survival test, getting an early morning start. Pushing a little further than the rest, I could get a better sense before the three.

"Aha i know we will be the ones who survive this, right Akamaru?!" Kiba asks Akamaru, with a boasting grin as Akamaru barks in response. "Of course, lucky for us the people caught in that trap had an earth scroll... And now we are gonna be the first ones to reach the tower!"

Clicking my tongue against my teeth, I roll my eyes.

"Don't get overconfident, that's a dangerous mistake to make no matter how small a bug is," Shino warns him "It still has to guard itself, at all times. We have to make sure we don't encounter any enemies, that's the only way to be safe."

Kiba grunts in response.

"Yeah I know that Shino, but as usual you gotta say it in a weird vague way!" Kiba remarks. "Bug nerd!"

"Kiba! Shut your trap," I snap. "Shino does have a point, even Hinata is nodding."

"Right," She agrees.

Kiba just rolls his eyes, sighing heavily.

"Yeah, yeah I know, just come on!" Kiba yells, as for a moment we kept flying through. The wind blows by, pounding against my ears before my eyes slightly widen.

"Team eight," i sharply warn, before something was shot down towards us. I push Hinata out the way, while Shino and Kiba jump away on the other side of the attack. Multiple kunai's were aiming towards us, before I stood up closing my eyes.

Analysing the area I soon locate the culprits to the sudden attack, realising it was the waterfall ninja. Snapping my eyes open to see them charging towards us, I weave a few signs forming a water barrier shielding my group. They bounced from the barrier, before taking a few metres back to a branch.

"Give us your heaven scroll!" They demand. "Come on, we know you have one!!!"

Kiba swipes his hand to brush them away, "To hell with that!" he barks back.

"Tch, you're just rookies.......let's show you what happens when it's to the death," one of them grins, cracking their knuckles.

Suddenly one of them disappears, but I could hear them weaving hand signs.

Soon a large wave of water begins to envelope us three, causing Hinata's eyes to widen in fear. The large wave went to crash down upon us, when I weave two signs before forming another barrier.

"Dammit!" one of them yells.

Turning to Kiba I gave him the signal, before he nods back.

He disappears from behind me before appearing behind them, forming a fang over fang attack. A large collision occurs, shaking a tree nearby us trembling the earth. "Shino!"

He nods in response, before using his insects to simultaneously attack the ninja. Hinata uses a fist palm attack on other, before I charge head first. I collide into a ninja but use close to hand-to hand combat, his move were quite fast but not fast enough. Knocking his kunai, I raise my fist about to slam it against him. Yet he dodges it while my fist connects to the earth, breaking it from a range of two metres.

Not realising my skin split with the impact of my fist, blood rolls down to my fingertips.

"Dammit, she's strong!"

Narrowing my eye I weave a few more signs, before sending a heavy attack upon the the three ninja. Panting quietly, there was no sign of them nearby allowing for all of us to recollect ourselves. They just came out of nowhere, but they're not even strong at all. What's wrong with these genin? Aren't they supposed to be experienced by now?