𝟏𝟐 | 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

*

There were a few more matches to go, leave with Choji, and a few from Neiji's group. However in the end, the only remaining that made it to the finals was Kankuro, Neji, Naruto, Temari, Gaara, Sasuke, Shino, Dosu Kinuta and I.

What amazed me was Rock Lee's raw strength, when he faced Gaara. He held weights beneath his high orange leg warmers, as they crushed the earth beneath him. Then Gaara's blood lust was sinister, as his aura changed completed when facing Rock Lee.

Guess we have interesting Shinobi out there, as I can't wait to challenge them in the future if that may come to fate.

Seeing how everyone battles, has given me the opportunity to learn to overcome that defense. However my wounds were throbbing painfully, as my hand grips my broken rib. With gentle and shallow breaths, I was able to maintain enough restraint with the air I consume.

We finally finished the preliminaries, standing before the Hokage.

"Now with all of that behind us!" The Hokage announces. "I'd like to begin winding things up....but before we can bring this to an end, first there is one more important matter to care of before the final rounds."

"Let's get on with!" Naruto rolls his eyes. "I mean, come on, how long do we have to wait till we start training?!"

The Hokage closes his eyes for a moment, he stays composed.

"In a calm and orderly fashion, all of you are going to take one slip of paper from the box anko is holding," He continues, before my eyes rest upon the proctor.

She scoffs lightly.

"Everyone, just stay where you are," She instructs sharply, and rather rudely. "I'll come to you.....so just take one."

She walks up to Dosu first and began to walk along the line, as she trails up to me. Slipping my hand in, I take a piece and pull it out wondering what this is about. Another test, perhaps?

"Good, now everyone has one! Going from left to right, tell me the number that's written on your slip!" Ibiki instructs loud, and clearly.

"I've got eight," Dosu replies.

"Number one, of course," Naruto says, with disappointment.

"Ten," I reply.

"Seven," Temari adds.

"Five," Kankuro replies.

"Three," Gaara adds.

"Nine," Shikamaru says.

"Two," Neji replies.

"Six," Shino finishes up, while my eyes linger upon the number I was given, wanting to know why we needed these?

"Good, and that will mean Sasuke number four," Ibiki claims.

The Hokage nods, "Right, very good now I'm going to tell you how the final selection tournament is going to work," He began. "Ibiki, you may reveal which ninja have been paired up."

"Yes sir,"

Our other Proctor turns around the board he was holding, before revealing who we will be versing. It was divided into six separate battles, when I noticed my name already there. It seems I will be Temari's opponent, after she battles with Shikamaru. It seems my level in experience was enough, to battle once than twice. 

I could feel her icy stare upon me, but I remained composed. 

This is just a tournament, which means many people will be watching us. So I will also be surrounded with people, that are from different nations. The anxiety starts to settle in my stomach, feeling suddenly nervous. Why am I nervous though? I shouldn't be.