𝟏𝟒 | 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢 𝐯𝐬 𝐊𝐢𝐦𝐢

*

The next match was full on ready to continue on, as Naruto enters the same platform where Shino, Shikamaru and I stood. He was really proud of him, that he also made me also surprised by his new found strength. However, the power that Naruto emitted, was definitely the nine tailed fox. I briefly was told about the story when the beast was released one very night, killing the Fourth Hokage from about a month I was born.

Though I was impressed he controlled that intense chakra, but I could feel the hairs on my skin crawl.

Suddenly after a while realising it was Sasuke's turn to attend the match, no sign of him was anywhere. Frustrating as it was, even the people were starting to cause a ruckus up in the stadiums, demanding for the match to start. Foul language, and explicit comments started to unsettle me.

"Tch......seriously, that Sasuke....." Shikamaru sighs, leaning against the rails. "What in the world is he doing? Forfeiting?"

"Dunno......." I reply, knowing deep down he wasn't looking well during the preliminaries test. A mark nestled on his skin, but it seems it was giving him more of an ache.

"A wise man never quits danger, leading to a wise decision," Shino comments, rather wisely.

Naruto hums in confusion, "huh? What are you talking about?" The blond scoffs. "He's definitely gonna be here, believe it!"

Though he seemed to play coy about his comment, I could feel the tension resting between both Gaara and Naruto. I've been observing Gaara ever since he entered the village, and to tell you the truth, my skin crawls just by his stare. It wasn't his power that scared me, but what he capable to do now. 

Soon a shinobi appears beside Genma, and whispers something audibly when the proctor nods. The Shinobi leaves again, when Genma turns to everyone.

"Listen everyone, one of the competitors from the next battle has not arrived yet," He announces. "So we're going to postpone this match briefly and simply jump ahead to the battle that would've followed after this one!"

Arching an eyebrow, confusion sets in.

"What?"

"Now! Onto the next battle!" He proceeds on, wondering what was going on with the Hokage and Sasuke's disappearance. Looks like my match will be very soon. "Shino, and Kankuro! Come down!"

Shifting my eyes I turn to Shino when past him, I noticed Kankuro and Temari eyes suspiciously speak with no words. However Kankuro raises his hand, "Proctor, I withdraw!" He dejects loudly. "I withdraw! So please, advance to the next match!"

Soon follows everyone beginning to get more agitated, that this was the worst events. They continued to throw insults and complaint towards us, and to the Hokage who sat there enduring it all.

Genma sighs, "Due to Kankuro's withdraw, Shino Aburame wins by fault!" Genma announces the winner, but Shino didn't quite look impressed. I knew he would rather win fair and square on the field, than being handed to him. Placing a hand on his shoulder, I quietly assured him he will become a winner fairly.

Suddenly a gust of wind blew heavily around, seeing Temari head down gracefully on her enlarged fan.

"Guess that it means it's my turn," I tighten my headband, while glaring heavily towards the blonde below.

"You've got this," Shikamaru encourages me, while I nod.

Disappearing from my spot in a flash, I found myself already beside Genma seeing him look surprised.

"Oh Kimi Senju, right........okay," He clears his throat, before lifting his eyes to the crowd of people. "Well let's begin the match with Temari and Kimi Senju!"