𝟏𝟏 | 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬

*******

My eyes watch over Sasuke's match quickly, keeping up with his swift Uchiha's movements. Luckily with my clan's specialty's, some certain things I was a natural. Observing was something I pick up rather quickly, but then I need my brother, Shiro, to teach me the Senju ways.

However after an intense battle between the two, with Sasuke almost losing to the leaf ninja, he won. But he seemed rather in pain, feeling the intensity of this dark aura of chakra.

Surprised by Sasuke's moves, I was soon impressed. He did train really hard, and I respect him when it came to fighting. Yet, I could respect him when it came to just becoming friends. It was rather hard to even keep a long conversation, or even just to have a casual talk.

Soon the next pair was soo randomly announced, that was displayed on the board.

Shino.......and Zaku?

My eyes fall upon the boy that Shino would be up against, only to find his opponent in a sling. He must've gotten injured before this, but who would do such a thing? An enemy? One of the leaf?

"Come on Shino, you got this," my hand grip the rails, as Kiba's shoulder brushes against mine.

"Let's see what our boy Shino has got for us," Kiba smirks, nudging me playfully. Nodding in agreement, feeling confident with Shino's abilities. I'm glad we dodged most of the ninja along our way here, or they would know our weaknesses and such. 

Hayato coughs, "Step forward please?" as the two follow instructions. "Very good, now if you're both ready, we shall begin."

"But do you think Shino will be alright?" Hinata asks, with concern.

"He's okay, don't you worry about him," Kiba ensures the timid girl. She turns to him with confusion with a soft hum, "He's the last person here I don't ever wanna take on.....well besides Kimi here."

Hinata glances my way, while I send her an assuring smile.

"He's gonna be alright, he's tougher than he looks," knowing how much the young Hyuga gets concerned for others.

Soon the two begin to fight, seeing the other ninja had both arms broken. Judging by my senses, I could sense something within his arms and palms. A tube? He soon sends Shino flying into a large cloud of dust, causing my eyes to slightly widen. Shino laid there, while I smirk knowing full well what he was up too.

"Pathetic," I comment, while I saw the devastation behind Zaku's eyes.

Shino appears unharmed with the sound of his insects coming from out of his skin, before they begin their fight. The sound ninja was appalled by the army of parasitic insects, while Shino explains everything. Without listening to him, he continues to resist and fights back with anger boiling inside him.

The battle went on only for a few more minutes, as insects crept inside the sound pipes which I found out. They clogged it up, and he used his jutsu causing an explosion to shatter his arms more severely as blood coated down. Chills went down my spine, thanking that Shino was on my side than my own opponent. Today was gonna be more interesting, as I will analyse every person, discovering their weaknesses and techniques. 

My brother once told me before participating, that if I wanted to become chunin, focus on yourself and yourself alone. It was a time where you can't rely on you comrades, so you're on your own. Right now, we cheered our friends on, but I know in the long run that some of us might need to compete against friends.

To be honest, this is how the world works.

//

Matches after matches there were pairings of Temari of the Sand village and Tenten of the leaf village. Soon there was Sakura and Ino, but their battle together was rather more of a grudge against each other. Their techniques were hopeless, and their aims kept wandering off course.