𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩

{Later that Day} ~ Kimi's pov:

***********************

"What? The Chunin exams?!" Kiba exclaims, not realising how close they were.

Kurenai-Sensei nods slowly, before pulling out forms.

"Yes, I have recommended all four of you," She replies. "Here are the applications.....make sure you get a guardian to sign it, or even a parent...and this is by your own choice..."

Taking the application from her, I purse my lips wondering if Shiro would allow me to nominate myself in.

"Does my brother know?" I ask her softly, lifting my eyes to meet her gentle crimson red ones.

Nodding she folds her arms, after passing them out.

"Yes, and the chunin exams begin within a week.....seven days from today," She adds, warning us. "I know fully well you four have been training very hard for this, I've got great faith."

Hinata shyly holds her hand up, making Kurenai hum softly.

"What is it, Hinata?"

The shy timid Hyuga glances our way before turning back to sensei, "So what do we have to do, to prepare ourselves?" She questions.

"Excellent question, the first exam is the written exam," She replies. "Then the second is unknown, but I know you must still train physically along with your mental state of mind......each year it's slightly different. So please train, rest, hydrate and make sure you eat properly...."

Why does it seem like she's mainly directing that towards me?

"So I will let you four continue to do whatever for the rest of the day," She says, about to head off. "Just hand in the application to room 301 at the Academy, and it's at 3pm five days from now....alright?"

Nodding she finally leaves us four to dwell on the Chunin exams, as Hinata sighs deeply.

"Well I guess I better go do some training with father," She informs us, making me look at her in concern.

"You sure?" I ask her, double checking that she will be alright.

She nods timidly.

"But we can train again tomorrow, we have a week so......let's do it," She quietly encourages us, as Shino, Kiba and I nod in unison.

Watching her walk away made my heart ache, knowing the amount of expectation and verbal abuse her father has placed upon her. He sometimes made me despise him, yet he's the elder of the village. Especially with one of the large clans in the village, especially alongside the Senju, Uzumaki and the Uchiha clan.

Tightening my fists in frustration, unable to do anything I quietly breath in and out slowly.

"Well I guess I have to be off," Shino waves, when suddenly Kiba bounces in front of me.

"Hey wanna train with me?!"

Completely ignoring Shino from behind I scowl softly, "Kiba, say goodbye to our comrade.....don't ignore him," I hiss lightly, pinching his ear.

"Ow!!!!" he whines, as I release him folding my arms.

"Seeya Shino, we will see you tomorrow.....okay?" I smile softly, as Shino nods quietly.

"Thank you.....seeya,"

With that I turn on my heel when I hear Kiba following along with me, "So can we train?" He questions, eager to know.

"I will train with you...." I began, hearing him shout 'Yes!' "......but......"

His smile falters, "There's a but........I don't like this...."