Chapter 3

NOT EDITED. Apologies about the grammar mistakes and error. Thank you for supporting my work. It means the world to me :)

**********************

Lying down on his comfortable queen size bed, Blake stared at the ceiling as the scene in the daycare played in his head like a broken tape. He couldn’t get if off his mind. Blake hadn’t expected to see the beautiful girl in the daycare. Neither did he expect her to work there and for her to stumble. He was glad that he quickly wrapped an arm around her waist to prevent her from falling and when he did, he felt a tingling feeling running in him. She was so soft and she fit perfectly his arms. Their faces were a few inches away from each other and Blake felt like he had lost his breath.

Her eyes were beautiful, truly beautiful. They were dark brown in colour with golden flecks in them. They were so enchanting and mesmerizing. Her eyes reminded him of the late sunset. It was so incredibly beautiful. He could never get tired gazing at them. He wished he could get rid of those glasses so he could see it even clearly. When his eyes glanced down at her lips and he felt the urge to kiss her.

The moment he loosened his arm around her and she took a step back, disappointment filled him. He felt empty without her in his arms. He wished he could hold her in his arms once more. He mentally shook his head at what he was thinking. He couldn’t go on liking this girl. Could he?

Well, one thing for sure. That girl was making him lose his mind.

*******************************

Ela let out a breath of air as she wiped the sweat on her forehead. She looked around and was satisfied that the place was clean enough. Now, she could finally head home. The day care closed hours ago and Daniel not long after that. Of course, he had asked her if she wanted him to stay or help but Elektra declined his offer and told him to head back home.

She lifted her head and looked at the clock. She was glad that it was eight and it wasn’t that late. Maybe she could go to that diner nearby and grab some dinner and that red velvet cupcake that Darcy liked so much that before she heads home.

The silence in the day care was eerie. No one was there but her. The sound of the clock ticking would make anyone nervous but not her. Her attention picked up when she felt someone's presence in the room. She adjusted her glasses normally as she took her bag from the locker.

“How long are you just going to stand there, Henry?” She asked, knowing it was him.

“Hello to you too, Elektra.” He greeted.

Ela turned and smiled at her friend. He was dressed handsomely in a black leather jacket with a white t-shirt and dark blue denim jeans.

He moved closer to her and pressed his lips to her cheek briefly before pulling away as he smiled at her. “It still amazes me that you know it’s me.” He said with a chuckle at the end.

Ela grinned proudly and shrugged. “It’s a gift.” She said as she started walking out of the day care with Henry following her at her side.

“You’re heading back home?” He asked.

“Yea...but I if I could, I’d try and stop by at the nearby diner.” She answered while she locked the door.

“I think I might have overheard your stepmother saying that she’s visiting a friend tonight and will be back late and the two girls were planning to go to a party.” Henry said as they both started to walk away from the day care.

Elektra turned her face at him and raised her eyebrow. “Might have overheard?” She asked, teasingly.

Henry rolled his eyes and smiled at her. “Okay...I snuck into the house and played with little Darcy and heard them talking about it.” He said.