Ch. 15: Alive

October 13, 2020

I open my eyes as I wake up in my room once again. It's been almost a week, or so I guess, since I received that message from Eunwoo, and yet I'm still bothered by it. Makes me wonder why I even asked in the first place.

"Don't break up with Y/N."

That's all that appeared on the notebook. And as I lie in bed, looking at the ceiling with a blank expression while letting the thought float around in my head, I suddenly feel annoyance build up inside me as if I just realized the thought.

I let out an exasperated shout as I grab my hair and pull on it. "Aish, that hurts!" I shout once I start feeling the pain and I quickly let go. I let out a loud sigh as I let my head hit the pillow and I find myself looking up at the ceiling once again.

Don't break up with Y/N? What's that supposed to mean? I'm supposed to keep their relationship from being destroyed unlike how it was supposed to be?

I suddenly realize just how selfish that sounded and I groan as I turn onto my side, sighing as I look towards the other side of my room...

And then I realize something.

I quickly sit up as my eyes widen in realization. I'm not in the hospital. I'm at home. And this time, I didn't see Y/N in the past. Does that mean...

I quickly stand up and grab my coat before heading out of my house, heading for what should be Y/N's house.

Gosh, I hope I'm right.

...

I reach Y/N's house just as I see her stepping out of the gates, and my face lightens at the sight of her. Suddenly, I feel like my heart is becoming whole again.

Y/N then turns to me, and a surprised expression forms on her face as she sees me. "Myungjun? W-why aren't you changed? Aren't you coming to work today?" she asks me with a curious expression and I become confused for a second before I finally realize what she meant.

"Ah! Of course!" I say as I hit my forehead with my palm and Y/N giggles as she looks at me.

"Well, better hurry. I'll be waiting for you here," she tells me and I nod at her before turning to leave. But then I stop in my tracks.

"Just in case," I say as I quickly turn around and walk up to her, later on pulling her towards me and into my embrace. A contented smile forms on my face as I feel her hair on my fingers and on the side of my face.

Y/N chuckles. "What do you mean 'just in case'?"

I pull away from her while wearing a wide smile. "It's a secret~"

"Yah, Myungjun!" she shouts at me with a pouty expression but I quickly step back, laughing.

I then pat her gently on the head. "Wait for me, okay? I'll also come back," I tell her before walking away and back to my home.

...

I close my eyes and let out a sigh of relief as I close the door behind me and lean on it.

She's alive. Thank goodness.

Suddenly, I feel tears slipping out of my closed eyes, and the next thing I know, I'm collapsing behind my door with my tears freely falling out, sobs escaping me while I try not to stop them at all.

Thank goodness... she's alive...

I place my head on my arm, my eyes being covered by my sleeve, as I feel relief and thankfulness washing over me.

...

"Y/N-ah! Let's go!" I shout as I reach her and she turns to me, seeming surprised but in a good way.