Ch. 19: Believe Me

"I'm not Eunwoo."

Immediately, both the girls' brows furrow, Haeran's brows furrowing even more as they look at me in confusion. Before either of them could speak, I continue.

"I'm not your cousin. I know it sounds crazy, but that's the truth. But it's not that I'm an impostor or anything," I tell them, explaining while avoiding their gazes, glancing once at them to see their puzzled and confused expression.

"What are you even talking about, oppa?" Haeran asks me and I continue, not minfing their confused faces.

"My name is Kim Myungjun. I work at a radio station as a DJ, but that's not gonna happen until two years later. Frankly speaking, your cousin, the real Eunwoo, brought me back in time to fix everything because I had wished to be able to go back in time to make Y/N happier. That's because two years from now-"

"Eunwoo!" Hayoung suddenly shouts, slamming her hands on the table, and I jump before I look back at her with a surprised expression yo see her looking at me with a frustrated expression.

W-what?

"Eunwoo, please stop. I know you want to see Y/N again, but this? Don't you think you're going too far?"

I still remain looking at her with a surprised expression.

W-what? She... doesn't believe me?

"H-Hayoung-"

"Oppa..." Haeran suddenly says, and I turn to her to see her keeping her head down. "Please just stop already..."

A look of disbelief then forms on my face as I look at her. "But..."

Then an idea comes to my mind, and I blurt it out in desperation. They have to believe me. I need their help so they have to believe me.

"This Thursday! Mrs. Lim is gonna be bringing in new flowers for her greenhouse. And there are marigolds and-"

"That's it!" Hayoung says as she slams her fists on the table then point towards the stairs. "Eunwoo, please, go to your room!"

I turn my disbelieving look towards Hayoung who just looks at her with her eyes filled with frustrated tears while her hand remains pointed towards the stairs. "H-Hayoung..."

"Eunwoo, please..." Hayoung pleads, "let's talk later. I'll bring your dinner by then, and please... no more nonsense..."

"But-" I stop when she makes her expression firm and I look at her for a second before standing up and walking away to my room, dejected and starting to feel hopeless again...

If it weren't for something Haeran had said as I left, which I heard and made me have hope again that they might end up believing me.

"But, unnie... how does Eunwoo-oppa know about Mrs. Lim, though? She only moved in just two weeks before he arrived. He couldn't have known about her."

I didn't get to hear Haeran's response as I had already gone too far from the dining room.

...

Eventually, Hayoung did come to my room with my dinner, and as I turn to her from my bed, I see her keeping her gaze down as she approaches me and sets the tray down on my nightstand. She then sits down besidr me on the bed with her hands on her lap.

After doing so, she then turns to me, a very concerned expression etched on her face. "Eunwoo... please... be reasonable," she suddenly tells me and I raise my gaze up at her with questioning eyes. She then continues. "I know it's been hard for you. You've been breaking down a lot since you came here and you hardly ate and I bet you barely even slept either..."