Chapter 1

The Red Banquet

"Long ago.."

'Bye-bye Sam! I'll talk to you later, okay?'
'Alright, I love you~'

"People change, like the tides in the ocean."

'I-I love you too..'
'There it is~ bye Ponkie!'

"I REALLY know."

'My right hand-'
'You don't really need this one huh?'
'NO STOP!'

"They do."

Ponk poured his drink on Sam while he had made a trip around the table to say his speech. Everyone at the table muttered incoherent "oh's" for they understood what happened between them. They all brushed it off after a moment then started stuttering out questioning 'cheers!'
Sam watched as Ponk nodded once and started walking away silently. He didn't know what happened, but he knew it had something to do with The Warden. His eyes never left Ponk as he walked away. He knew this was a terrible situation and that this whole banquet was a trap, but he could never get over how beautiful Ponk looked right now. Before Ponk was out of earshot, Sam lifted off his mask a bit before muttering.

"You look so beautiful right now..."

'Msn, he'saslwaus gotaw ay to mr hea-0-, tahant Sam kdi..'

Ponk froze for a second clenching his fist, he was looking down as he heard those words. He was angry, upset, saddened. His heartstrings were being pulled and he knew it. He yearned to just hug Sam right there and go back to the way things were. He wanted to go back on dates. Be his valentine. Flirt with him. Cuddle in the cold mornings. Drink coffee with him. Hell even kiss him. He looked so damn handsome and he just wanted to grab his face and kiss him. He stopped as he heard whispers in his head. Anger seethed through his body as he heard the egg speak to him.

"uoy evresed t'nseod eh"

"uoy truh eh"

"ouy gnitalupinam s'eh"

"ni mih tel t'nod"

Ponk's eyes illuminated red as he was told these words in his head repeatedly. The more they were said the more he believed it. Before he knew it he was running away with Bad, Ant, and Hannah. They failed to protect the egg, it's in their hands now and they can't do anything about it.

He was so lost in his thoughts he just ran and didn't look for his fellow egg enthusiasts. He just ran.
He didn't know where to go.
He just ran.
Why can't things just be better.
The egg promised to give him what he wanted.

It said it was doing what it needed to do.
It said it was all going according to plan.

It said it was going to be okay.

Why does Ponk feel like this then?

Isn't he supposed to feel happier..?

.

.

.

Is the egg even that worth it if he feels like this?

Right as that crossed his mind he immediately received a shock of pain that traveled from the bottom of his feet, up to his legs, torso, chest, shoulders, arm, neck, and head. It caused him to collapse as he writhed in pain and tried to scream, though he couldn't hear it through the blood pumping in his ears and feeling his heart beat become louder. His throat eventually gave out after 5 minutes of struggling and he went limp as he became unconscious, the pain was too much and it wouldn't stop.

The last thing he heard was someone familiar yelling his name before all of his senses were cut off and he drifted off into darkness.