Chapter 6

Late Conversations

Sam arrived back after a trip to the prison. He had to stay for a while considering he heard Tommy was going to try and kill Dream. He didn't know when though so he's gonna be on high alert for a while. It's been a few days since he visited Phil, and Ponk still hasn't showed any signs of stirring for as far as he was aware, so when he checked on him, he didn't expect to see Ponk's eyes open and his head facing the door. Sam's eyes widened and his jaw dropped as he walked over to his side and checked up on his condition. He got a cup of water and decided to grab a cooked potato for him.

"Ponk, I'm back, are you alright?" he asked, hoping to get an answer. He helped him get down a cup of water before going to check on his stitching of his chest cavity. The former Eggpire citizen didn't answer for he was processing what was happening.

When Ponk had opened his eyes, he found himself in a familiar yet unfamiliar room. He felt tired, like he got hit by a truck, train, airplane, and everything else that could run him over. What the hell happened to him. He barely remembers anything, besides the searing pain, the anger, irritation, and the sound of rain. He heard a distant sound of a door opening and closing, as well as footsteps approaching the door on the side of the room. He slowly turned his head over tiredly. Someone opened the door, he knew them, but his mind was still out of it, he couldn't tell who it was, only that he knew them. The person sat there staring at him for a while and then rushed out, but returned with a glass of water and a baked potato.

The person helped him drink water and it felt easier to breathe after that. His head seemed to clear a bit more. He then noticed as the person was pressing on his chest, or examining it. He didn't know why. After a minute he recognized it was Sam. Why is Sam here?

"Ponk, I'm gonna help you sit up so you can eat alright?" Sam just put his hand under his back without waiting for a response and lifted him up, putting a pillow behind him so it's easier to keep him sat up. Ponk was honestly confused. He looked down as he noticed a huge stitched up closed wound on his chest and he was even more confused. Sam lifted his chin and spoon fed him the cooked potato. He ate it gratefully, since he was very hungry. He also got a sip of water.
"You feeling better..?" Sam asked gently. Ponk nodded in response. "Can you speak? I hope I didn't mess up your vocal cords on accident..." he trailed off worriedly. He obviously had a million questions going through his head, but he knew he had to be patient with Ponk.

"Uh.. Yeah I'm fine.." Ponk responded weakly, but it was still clear.
"Oh good," Sam was extremely relieved by that, but he was still paying attention.
"What did you mean about messing up my vocal cords?" He asked.

Sam smiled nervously, wait he had his mask off? "I did surgery on you. Malpractice, but we won't talk about that-" Ponk's eyes widened. Surgery??? "I know that seems extreme, but I literally had to in order to get the egg out of your head." Egg? That thing Bad was all obsessed about? "How do you feel?"
Ponk's head was spinning with confusion. "Uhh I feel like roadkill, and I'm extremely confused.." he trailed off suddenly remembering, "Didn't you... cut off my arm?"

Sam's expression saddened and twisted in guilt, stress, and irritation. "That wasn't me.. It really wasn't. When I enter the prison, I black out and something else takes over. I don't remember what they do, I only gain back control once they exit the prison. I heard about the arm from you when you were possessed by the egg, and honestly.. I couldn't... believe they did that. I'm so sorry Ponk, I wish I wouldn't have done that, if I knew that would happen I would've never tried to do anything, hell I considered taking off my own arm in turn for chopping off yours. I'm truly sorry Ponk.. I know I can't do anything to fix it," Sam rambled to him about it.
Ponk sighed and put his hand on Sam's head causing the man to stop talking. "Sam, now that I know you didn't actually mean to do it, nor having any recollection of it, I'll forgive you, but I can't forget about it. Please don't stress yourself about it, alright?" he spoke tiredly, but gently. Sam looked up to him and nodded slowly, taking Ponk's hand in both of his.

"How long has it been? I don't remember much of when I was possessed, only extreme anger and desire.. So why don't you catch me up?" Ponk suggested.

Sam nodded. "Sure, uh, just know I'll probably avoid the bad parts of what happened." Ponk nodded and let the creeper hybrid recall the events.