Chapter 9

Rivergem opened her eyes and found herself in the medicine cat's den. Her head pounded as her eyes ventured down, looking at her paws.
        I could use these she thought, unsheathing her claws. Murmuring outside the den indicated Flamestar was talking to the medicine cat. Flamestar. She smiled then heaved herself to her paws. Rivergem peeked out of the den and saw half of the camp covered in ash and dark powder. Looking one last time at her claws, her smile widened. She walked out of the den, hiding her claws.
        "Rivergem! Your awake. You gave us a scare." Flamestar meowed.  "We found you on the thunderpath."
        Rivergem nodded and stopped smiling. This cat looks good enough to kill. "Hey, Flamestar, can I talk to you alone?" she asked, thinking over plans.

        Flamestar nodded then padded out of camp. Rivergem followed until Flamstar sat down, facing Rivergem.
        "Flamestar, i have to-" as fast as lightning, Rivergem struck the she-cat's throat. Flamestar's eyes widen in shock. Blood poured from her wound, making her collapse.
        "R-river..-" Flamestar began but stopped moving, going limp.
        Rivergem smiled then licked the blood of her paws. She started to walk away until a heavy force knocked her down. "B-but your dead!" Rivergem gasped as Flamestar pinned her.
        "Rivergem whats wrong with y-" Rivergem threw off Flamestar then dashed to pin her by the neck. Flamestar rolled out of the way and tripped her attacker. Rivergem quickly recovered as Flamestar lept in the air. Rivergem dodged then pinned the Sapphireclan leader. Struggling to keep the strong she-cat down, Rivergem's paws slipped of Flamestar, giving her time to wiggle free.
        Flamestar pinned Rivergem by the stomach, "Rivergem was has gotten into you! Did something happen on that Thunder-path?"
        Smiling, Rivergem kicked the flamed cat off and stalked forward, swiping blood from her lips, "Welcome to Rivergem's Insanity!"