Chapter 4

Riverpaw padded to the fresh-kill pile, setting down a rabbit. Spiderfang nodded an approval, and joined Daisysun who was eating a sparrow.

Riverpaw sighed and watched as Seakit and Rubykit ran to her.

"Seakit says he wants that rabbit." Rubykit meowed.

Seakit bounded after her, "Can I have it?"

"If your mother lets you." Riverpaw meowed, "Let me ask your mom."

She picked up the rabbit the the kits wont eat it while she was gone. Riverpaw slipped into the nursery, "Pigonfeather?"

"Yes?" Pigonfeather yawned, as Riverpaw dropped the rabbit.

"Seakit and Rubykit want this rabbit. Will you let them have it?" Riverpaw asked.

Pigonfeather purred in delight, "Yes they may. Thanks for asking before you let them eat it."

"They'll be pleased." Riverpaw purred, carrying her rabbit to the kits, "She said yes. Eat slowly though. You could choke yourselves."

Seakit bit down into the rabbit as Rubykit watched cautiously.

***

"Riverpaw! Waterspirit said you killed a lizard! Did you?" Flamestar questioned her.

Riverpaw gasped, "No! I would never do such a thing."

Waterspirit jumped to his paws, "I have the proof!"

"Show it then!" Riverpaw challenged.

He threw a lizard forward, "See."

"Thats not evidence I did it," she sniffed it, "And its covered with Geckoclan scent."

"U-um.. So! It was on our terratory." He growled.

Flamestar sniffes it, "She's right. I guess a Geckoclan cat chased it over the border. Killing it and realizing they crossed, so scared they left their prey."

"Geckoclan hunted on out territory! We should attack!" Firefue yowled.

Riverpaw watched her clanmates yowl agreements.

Seapaw and Rubypaw glanced at each other. Flamestar raised her paw for scilence, "We will not attack. Its just one cat."

"Don't breath in the oil.." a voice whispered in Riverpaw's ear.