Chapter 3

Riverkit watched as Waterpaw, now Waterspirit, growled. His eyes narrowed at Flamestar.

"Spiderfang will mentor Riverpaw." Flamestar finished, flashing a warning glance at Waterspirit.

"Riverpaw! Riverpaw!" The clan chirped.

Riverpaw touched noses wiyh her father and whispered, "Will you show me camp today?"

"Alright." Spiderfang answered back. He wipped around and walked out af the gorse tunnel.

Riverpaw and Spiderfang followed a stony path that lead to huge, mossy rocks, "These are Mossy Stones. A good hunted area for prey to live at."

Riverpaw nodded as her mentor spoke, "What kinds?"

"Mice, voles, you know." Spiderfang shrugged.

She nodded and followed him again. Brambles tugged her fur as Spiderfang squashed in the mud. A lizard ran in frount of them and disappeared into a berry bush.

"Whats that smell?" She growled, as a reptilian smell greeted her.

"Geckoclan." Spiderfang answered simply, "They eat reptiles. Thats why we tell patrols who border or hunt here to not hunt any lizards or snakes. Its Geckoclan prey."

Riverpaw nodded, "Why would a cat eat snakes?"

Her father sighed, "Just how they live."

After that he showed her Stormclan, Creekclan, and all the borders.

They slumped back to camp. Riverpaw headed to the nursery but turned back to the apprentice den.

She layed down, lonely and cold. She scraped some moss against her pelt and fell asleep.

"Don't breath the oil." A voice whispered, waking her up.